DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Super Newbie question...

Hi all. I just found out about the site today and created a forum account before i purchase. I'm confused about FG2 full/lite versions. Is this stand alone software or is game play performed on the website itself?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

Fantasygrounds is Server/Host software. While in host-mode (which is only for the full version by the by) the GM sits on his/her own computer and the others connect to that one.

FG is not by it's own a game, what it does is that it lets you play with others over the internet in games you are interested in. The good news is that there are plenty of games runing and plenty of players interested in each new one offered.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

That's what I was hoping it would be like. Thanks for the quick reply!

Tyree

There's a demo download that not only tests whether you'll be able to run the software, but also allows you to test out FGII with a couple of players. It's limited to the two connections and you lose everything you've entered when you shut down. The demo is also built on the d20 Fantasy SRD, you can't test with a different ruleset.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Its also possible to start two instances of the demo and connect them (the client instance has to have a different user name) so you can see the differances between the host (GM) and clients (players). You can't make any permanent changes to the demo's data but you can test out the die rolling, hot keys, map and drawing tools.

Ok... I just bought the full version. It looks like it comes with the D&D 3.5e ruleset, listed as "foundation". What happened to the \data folder and everything off of that? How do you add more tokens, rulesets, etc?

Update: Duh... I found it.
    Last edited by tyree; February 21st, 2009 at 00:12.

Thread Information