5E Character Create Playlist

Noob reporting for duty

I just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I am new to FG and sorta new to DnD. I have been an RPG nut ever since I played Final Fantasy on the NES back in the day. I have always wanted to try a true PnP game because I know that the customization and freedom makes the video games(even newer stuf like NWN 2) look like Pac Man. My problem is I have never had anyone to play with(all my friends think I am such a geek).
    I have always loved D&D, I just never played the real tabletop, only PC games(all of them btw). I read the novels and love the settings and lore. I recently took the plunge and bought the 4e core rulebooks(PHB, DMG, and MM) and have begun studying so that I can dive in. It's amazing how watered down the PC games seem now that I see how the PnP is played.
    So I am surfing D&DI and I see their upcoming Game Table and I think,"That is perfect for me, I can play on the internet!" They are dragging their feet with the software, so I began searching around and discovered the FG site. I have been lurking around and I have watched Xorne's vids and "WOW" is all I can say. I don't have to wait after all, and this looks much better because it seems to have lots of options for variations.

Anyhoo, I am realizing how long this has become when I really just wanted to say, "Hi, I'm new. Can I play, too?"

I'm sure that you'll find a game soon enough. I haven't run D&D for ages, so my games are probably not what you're looking for. However, to help out possible GMs looking for players, it's a good idea to put down your time zone and when you're able to play. GMs running games in those times can then post invites to their games.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Welcome!

I too have not played D&D for years, but it still seems to be the most popular game round these parts...

As Valarian already said it's best to post your timezone etc. also pop into the Commons forum and keep an eye out there....
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Welcome to the FG boards.

That was good Advice on the location/timezone in your profile. I do play and run D&D (as well as other games) - and I even have some openings in my Friday D&D game - but if you are not close to the west coast of the Americas (or in Austrailia/New Zealand), it runs very late.

There is a thread about it in the Guild Hall: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=9580

I suggest you keep an eye on the Guild Hall for games that fit your time slot. If you are looking to play 4E you should be able to find a game in a few weeks. It's one of the more popular games.

Thanx

Thanx for the welcome and the advice.
    When I am finished, you won't be needing your coin.

GMT -6:00 Central

Thread Information