STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Databasenodes

Actually looking at the code I didn't have edge done yet heh. I was working on a SR4 ruleset with sloejack who has been MIA for awhile. Devin worked on some graphics and I am sure I could get his permission for a release but not sure about sloejack as he did the work on the character sheet. Give me a day or two to see if I can contact him for permission.

If he doesn't I will extract out the portion I have done which include converting the modifier box to a Pool rolling that automatically calculates hits and gltiches (and critical glitches). It would not be too hard to add a check box for edge there for exploding dice.
    Last edited by joshuha; October 18th, 2008 at 20:13.

the rolls are already done as is the sheet. Glitches, Crits and some oder stuff too.

I am working on some "features" now. Edge use for checks, Combattracker, NPCs and such. Well the Combattracker is quite tricky, but eventually i will understand it and master that also.

the exploding of the Dice works fine, i just need to get the comparison worked out, so that all the "explosion" rolls will be rolled.

Fenloh

Well I did get permission to release it so I will zip it up and have it posted soon. If anything it may give some ideas.

As far as the explosions, I can give some hints how I have done it in the past. Traditonally if you use throwDice to throw more dice but still exit the function normally you get multiple sets of die result on the screen and this can look ugly and make things difficult to figure out. What I have done in the past is examine the results list and look for any max die. Then I save the current results to the registry, throw the new exploded die and then exit the function returning true to STOP processing. The beginning of the onDiceLanded checks for values in the save dice results list and if so takes those and adds the new incoming exploded dice results to form a result list and then repeat the process until no max dice come up. Then you can continue processing as normal and display the final results list.

What this enables is all the dice on the screen to still be graphical thrown and take the actual results (without resort to rand() functions) but still show the output as one final roll to make calculating totals, success, glitches, etc. easier.

Ui, Very nice! Ill look into it asap.

Fenloh

Thread Information