Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I'm interested in joining. I'm no good on the graphics but I'm starting to get to grips with the code (I think ).
    The Attribution Share Alike (by-sa) Creative Commons license may be an idea for licensing the work.
    Last edited by Valarian; September 14th, 2008 at 19:52.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

We have some plans related to this, I made a post about them as well.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin-King
    We have some plans related to this, I made a post about them as well.
    It seems that the community project suggested here could build on the smiteworks project suggested at the other thread. Goblin King, you should make clear whether you are suggesting replacing that project with this project.

Obviously, the smiteworks project seems to me like the responsible thing for smiteworks to do as a business model.

Planning for sibling projects (rather than replacing the community project) would allow those that will not volunteer if their work can be used for a commercial purpose to focus their efforts on the community project. The community project would be able to use the work of the smiteworks project if the licensing decisions are made correctly. Obviously, the opposite would not be true to prevent the use of community project mods in commercial projects.

It may be that most people will simply spend their efforts on whichever project is bigger, but I do not see a need to limit the other project.

Later.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Currently I have a working ruleset that has no d20 information in it all. I have made basic character sheet with just a name field (same with NPC), a basic tracker with a name and init number field, removed the items and stripped all the OGL/d20 stuff from the headers.

I have rolled the character sheet, story component, NPC component, image component, and combat tracker over to extensions. I also verified without the extensions in place and removing the desktopmanager temporarily it still functions on a basic chat + die rolling level. I just now am thinking of a good way to make the desktopmanager check for the existence of each class to hide the icon if that class isn't loaded in an extension.

I predict by this weekend I could release something that could function as a "base" ruleset as opposed to a "generic" ruleset. Although there is room for debate of a "graphics" extension that can skin the whole ruleset or containing each element within its own to allow for easy replacement of one component. There may be a possibility to do both. Where the default would be the graphics included in the extension but a specially named extension could override the individual declarations. Thus allow people to say release their own sheet with graphics but someone else could come along and skin the whole ruleset and the GM could choose if they wanted the individual or global graphics.
    Last edited by joshuha; September 18th, 2008 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    I just now am thinking of a good way to make the desktopmanager check for the existence of each class to hide the icon if that class isn't loaded in an extension.
    Was thinking about this all wrong and found the easy way. Just remove all those declarations from the desktop file (in my case called BaseDekstop.lua) and just put them in the extension.

So now I am just thinking of best approach to organize the graphics. More thoughts for discussion on this later.

Thread Information