5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Talking 4E Screenshots (KOTS)

Thought I'd share a couple of screenshots from my game last night. We're using the 4E ruleset developed at JPG, with the skins made by devinknight. It's pretty nice stuff

Anyhow, last night my crew made their way to the Kobold Lair in KOTS. There's only four of them (Human Warlord, Dragonborn Paladin, Human Wizard, and a Halfling Rogue (the rogues technically my PC but another character plays him...we switch off DMs). ).

Approaching the Kobold Lair - This was actually a rather funny part. They managed to get up close without seeing, and just as the Warlord started discussing a sneak attack strategy, the Wizard just walked through the forest and blasted a Kobold with Scorching Burst. So much for sneak attacks.

Break Time ! - We always have an interruption right in the middle of a heated battle.

The Battle Rages On - Almost done...the Halfling was taking out the kobold minons with his sling and scoring criticals on every other attack. Such a waste... (The upside down kobolds are dead ones...)

The Final Battle - This one was a doozey for the guys, with a couple of close calls, but they managed to pull it out. In one round the Paladin and Rogue scored some nasty hits on the big boss, sending him into a rage before the Warlord dispatched him.

I've learned that even if I reduce the XP value of encounters for a smaller group, the # of bad guys can make battles linger on a bit longer then we would like. Oh well, we'll learn
    Last edited by mr_h; August 22nd, 2008 at 18:01.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Love those OotS tokens ........ Head hats all around

I have t agree on the OOTS tokens. They are made out of WIN.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thanks. I found a good guide on how to make them online. For the record they're all made by me, but I used some OOTS comics as guidelines, espically for the monsters (So they're not exact copies.)

They're fun to make, and easy once you get the hang of it. My players were cracking up over them.

Here's the party in a lineup
    Last edited by mr_h; August 22nd, 2008 at 18:01.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.

Can you share the guide? Or an URL to it?
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Oh, duh, I forgot to include that in my second post. I'm so smart today....

https://www.trazoi.net/tutorials/inkscape/oots/

I think as long as you make'em for personal use it's alright. I did put some of his as reference material and use it as guidelines for creating my own. Sharing is probably right out. One suggestion: Make templates...it makes things a lot easier. I have one for each of the races as I make them, plus an items template (if you look the swords that the halfling, kobolds, and warlord have are identical).

Those tokens are great.
    I really like your intermission idea as well.

Does using tokens like that tend to add a bit more fun to the game.. it would seem that the psychology of using those tokens would lead to more laughing and just overall more fun.

-D

Intermission

I love that intermission idea. Would you be willing to share the graphic for that? For non commercial private use?

One of my players said that it was definitely more light hearted We're a pretty laid back group anyhow, so they enjoyed having them there. Every time I introduced a new set of them they chuckled. I hope I can keep up on making them...Rich (author of OOTS) has done most the creatures, it does give you something nice to work off of.

The intermission graphics my brother found, I just put them together and added the stuff. It seemed like a quick way to know if everyone is back. That graphic I share if anyone wants it :b

Edit: Heh.....1 minute before I posted and someone asked Here's a copy of the intermission picture, have at
    Last edited by mr_h; August 22nd, 2008 at 01:27.

This is just... awesome.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thread Information