5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Who is the print master of the core books?

The print masters are the files sent to the print company that are used to make the books. They're equivalent to the gold master disks that software companies send to the duplication facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Illrigger
    The print masters are the files sent to the print company that are used to make the books. They're equivalent to the gold master disks that software companies send to the duplication facility.
    Thanks for the clarification on what the print master is. I have been reading on other boards, of people downloading PDF’s of D&D 4e rules of off P2P networks.

Shrug. I actually think I'd be more likely to buy it if I could (a) take a look at it ahead of time from the comfort of my home and (b) could have an online reference similar to d20srd.org (but for 4ed instead of 3.5, of course). The print master PDF would fit both bills.
    The Box ruleset modification:
    Lets your players make die rolls that only the DM can see!

Yeah i'm still getting the core books even though i got the pdf's.

I just prefer to have a hardcopy about. I find it easier to read than the pdf for some reason.

So far i'm liking most of the new changes. Just need to find a 4ed game to play in.

Having read the PDFs, it makes me want the books that much more. I mean, it's nice to see, but nothing beats books for constant reading.

(Although I'll admit having PDFs is darn handy...I cant sneak a book into work as easily )
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_h
    Having read the PDFs, it makes me want the books that much more. I mean, it's nice to see, but nothing beats books for constant reading.

(Although I'll admit having PDFs is darn handy...I cant sneak a book into work as easily )
    Yeah nothing beats working on a campaign or making your character up for Friday's game whilst at work.

My group bought them from amazon during their 50% off deal. Guess we will download the PDFs while we wait for our hard copies to come in the mail. I really hope this doesnt hurt WOTC. Most people I know who are looking at the PDFs already have pre sales waiting for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    My group bought them from amazon during their 50% off deal. Guess we will download the PDFs while we wait for our hard copies to come in the mail. I really hope this doesnt hurt WOTC. Most people I know who are looking at the PDFs already have pre sales waiting for delivery.
    I think that would be due to the fact that the gaming community is firmly split between people who are pumped up and ready for 4e such as yourself. These people have all or almost all preordered their copies and the use of the PDF will not detrimentally harm WoTC.

Then you have group two (the group I fall in) we have no interest whatsoever in 4e. It matters not that the core books are available openly in PDF on the net. Why would I download a set of books, that I know for a fact I will never use?

Thread Information