5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Thore_Ironrock
    Think he means C&C is like 2nd Edn but he would like a true FG2 version of 2nd Edn THAC0 and all *thinks about his 2nd Edn books and has no inclination to read them*

Nice plug though Thore

Oooo I got Knighted RAWR
    Last edited by Sorontar; June 10th, 2008 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar
    Think he means C&C is like 2nd Edn but he would like a true FG2 version of 2nd Edn THAC0 and all *thinks about his 2nd Edn books and has no inclination to read them*

Nice plug though Thore

Oooo I got Knighted RAWR
    Yeah, this is exactly what I mean.

I took a chance and purchased C&C this morning, and already, they dont want to play it because it isnt true 2nd Edition AD&D. They might have to learn a new rule system and they dont like change. Dunno what to do besides code it myself, but I have no idea how.

::shrugs::

Quote Originally Posted by arcath

I took a chance and purchased C&C this morning, and already, they dont want to play it because it isnt true 2nd Edition AD&D. They might have to learn a new rule system and they dont like change. Dunno what to do besides code it myself, but I have no idea how.

Well you're the DM and from previous posts I assume they all have clients so

Q: Having read the system do you like C&C (although you'd have had to be quick from this morning)?

If so drop them an ultimatum of "Guys I'm running the game using C&C, it's not gonna cost you a thing so either run with it or one of you guys can DM something for me to play in and I'll start a game on the FG boards so I can run C&C and continue my campaign"

You're putting the work in so you decide to do it how you want, take back the power. If they get angsty run one more game and take pleasure in TPKing them.

Friends or not I won't let players jerk me around

OR there's that generic ruleset where everything is typed into the sheet which may help and be less combative

I vote TPK though
    Last edited by Sorontar; June 10th, 2008 at 18:45.

Quote Originally Posted by arcath

Personally I'd find some new friends

Seriously though if they really do not want to know it's their loss, my take would be:

"Right then I've bought C&C, this is the next game I'm running".

One of two things will happen:

1) they all refuse to play (everybody loses)
    2) they play and realise that C&C is very close to Classic D&D

if #1 occurs then as a last resort "Right then I am not going to code a 2nd Edition ruleset, so one of you will have to!

Oh and the first step is you willl need to buy a full license
    (if they have lite) and there is no upgrade option"
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar
    Oo when did you send that e-mail, because I kinda did the same thing at the weekend about HERO in general and whether they were looking at approaching VTT's now WotC were preparing DDI.

Of course I mentioned the excellent work both Smiteworks and DA were doing

Dum-de-dum
    Sent an email on the 6th to Steve Long and got a quick reply. He seemed ok with creating content for FG. He liked the podcast link I attached, a talk with Kevin Melka. Highly recommend. https://www.thegamesthething.com/

Forwarded the email to Thore at DA. Hope it happens.

-Tristram

Erm.. Paranoia? Been a while since I've played or run that, but it's invariably a blast (no pun intended!).

Exalted would be cool, though building in charm trees would be nigh-impossible.

I'd like to see Eldritch Role Playing ported, but that should be no surprise given that I'm the co-author. ;-)

`dan cross
    www.eldritchrpg.com

Doesn't look like anyone mentioned ShadowRun

some cyberpunkish one Cyberpunk 2020 or shdowrun 3rd or 4th
    some World of darkness 2 could be cool too.

I continue to pine for even so much as Char Sheet for Mutants and Masterminds.

Thread Information