DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    I myself am a little partial to the old palladium books Robotech RPG... mind you heavily modified to match Macross, rather than Robotech. ( Harmony Gold RUINED Macross and Mospeada. ) The slow progression of levels is not hindering because of the general level that everyone plays by is relatively similar. Higher levels have some perks but not such a staggering amount that a lower level wouldn't have any chance. I'm also a big fan of the Valkyries, so naturally I may fan-boy a bit for this.
    Currently Boycotting 4e D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxmma
    Im still sick of d20 lol and I still havent found another system where I can min/max as bad as d20. Checked out 4th ed but it wasnt for me. For christmas my wife bought me Basic roleplaying by chaosium. Great system which is completely skill based. Also savage worlds is another great one. Any other skilled based systems people prefer?
    One of my favorites is still Dangerous Journey's : Mythus. Skill based, mana(Heka) based magic system with a lot of flexibility.... pitty the editing sucked so bad on the books though.
    After Gygax/GDW lost the lawsuit to TSR, it pretty much killed any possibility of a 2nd Ed. :-P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Journeys

I believe DriveTru has a Scanned PDF for something like $5, but the quality of the scan isn't the greatest.
    Last edited by Rienen; March 23rd, 2009 at 16:08.
    Concentration and dedication are the hallmarks of... Oh! Shiney!!
    CST (GMT -6:00)

I've never played Exalted, although I read the first edition of the rules and about 20% of the second edition. The thing that impressed me the most, though, when I read through it was the way that they encouraged players to describe their characters as doing really awesome things in combat by giving them extra dice to accomplish them if the description was really cool. That was so contrary to the way such things are handled in D20.

Example: "My character ducks under the swordsman's swing, steps right up next to him, headbutts him, spins around and sweeps his legs out from under him, and then places his kukri directly under him as he falls so that he impales himself."

The response in D20: "You can't duck his swing. Your headbutt provokes an attack of opportunity which may cause your whole plan to fail if it is successful. You can't do anything else this round. You'll have to wait until the next round to trip, which will also provoke an attack of opportunity. And there is literally no way to put your dagger under him as he falls."

The response in Exalted: "Awesome! I'll give you 2 extra dice to your attack! Roll it up!"

I seriously want to play some Exalted: Second Edition, but I also want to play all of the World of Darkness games, and right now I only have time to play one game of Hunter: The Vigil each week. Still, I've been so glad that I made the move away from D&D.
    "Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will."
    - Jonathan Edwards

Click here for the latest nWoD ruleset release.

Thread Information