5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 14 First ... 21011121314 Last

Thread: Website refresh

  1. #111
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    17,522
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    One thing that I think would be a good addition is an automated list of active games that could be pulled from the server pings. Doug generates a yearly report, occasionally , on games being run a break down of systems, and a bit of analysis of the info. While a lot of that was probably manually generated from the data. It would be a draw to have something automated that say updated like from the previous day. Nothing that has to be a big draw on the servers. Then new users could get a better idea of how active the user base is with a couple of graphs.
    Yea, Roll20 used to do there report too but have dropped it. I think Arkenforge is the only one that still talks about their growth with numbers. Transparency on numbers is an interesting business discussion. As a user, I would love to see how things play out. But I also know that from a traditional business perspective, it can be a sensitive topic. I do think that their are benefits to the company and community for knowing numbers, and hope to see them again. I just accept that some risk is involved and it needs to be approached int he right manner and a business decision needs to be made. (Which would be based on more than my desires or the information available to the community.)

    Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yea, Roll20 used to do there report too but have dropped it. I think Arkenforge is the only one that still talks about their growth with numbers. Transparency on numbers is an interesting business discussion. As a user, I would love to see how things play out. But I also know that from a traditional business perspective, it can be a sensitive topic. I do think that their are benefits to the company and community for knowing numbers, and hope to see them again. I just accept that some risk is involved and it needs to be approached int he right manner and a business decision needs to be made. (Which would be based on more than my desires or the information available to the community.)
    I think he meant just showing how many games and what ruleset are playing live.
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

  3. #113

    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    Reggio nell'Emilia, Italy
    Posts
    78
    Those who love FG wouldn't change their minds based on the number of played games, IMHO.
    I think it is more reliable the number of threads (I would love to get a kind of closed as resolved status and a tagging system for better advanced search) for measuring how big is the community and the number of releases - not too few (no one is working on it anymore) and not too many (not stable and crash prone) and the quanity and quality of officially supported rulesets.
    OT: a generative AI trained for FG community would give the best great impression ever to newcomers! (and not only them)

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Saramund View Post
    Those who love FG wouldn't change their minds based on the number of played games, IMHO.
    I think it is more reliable the number of threads (I would love to get a kind of closed as resolved status and a tagging system for better advanced search) for measuring how big is the community and the number of releases - not too few (no one is working on it anymore) and not too many (not stable and crash prone) and the quanity and quality of officially supported rulesets.
    OT: a generative AI trained for FG community would give the best great impression ever to newcomers! (and not only them)
    Agreed. Real data that is useful and not just essentially confirming that most users are playing the same top three rulesets. Good call.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

    http://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

  5. #115
    Xemit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    145
    On the page above this, the icons for whomever has last posted are not the correct icons.

    I mean the page: Forum \ General \ City Hall

    And all like it.

  6. #116
    BadEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    On the page above this, the icons for whomever has last posted are not the correct icons.

    I mean the page: Forum \ General \ City Hall

    And all like it.
    I'm not following what you mean. Can you post a screenshot or share more information?

  7. #117
    Xemit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    145
    Apparently I can't attach a picture.

    On the page above this which lists all the message threads in City Hall. On the right columns it shows who was last to post a reply. Immediately to the left of their name used to be their forum avatar picture. Right now it is a random selection of like three icons.

    The pop up tool tip for the avatar picture does indicate the same name as the right column, but it is not their icon.

    Posted picture in Discord.
    Last edited by Xemit; June 27th, 2024 at 16:30.

  8. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    I'm not following what you mean. Can you post a screenshot or share more information?
    We do not seem to have the ability to post a screenshot. But I *think* what they are referring to is the avatar icon of the last person that posted on a topic is wrong? Mine doesn't show up if I was the last person that posted...or is it the person that started the topic?
    aka Laendra

    (Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

    My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

    Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

    Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.


  9. #119
    BadEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    23
    Yeah, connected with them in Discord - we see that one level up from this the avatar image is the original poster and not the latest poster. We'll take a look when we get a chance and get it resolved.


    Thanks for the report!

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    Yeah, connected with them in Discord - we see that one level up from this the avatar image is the original poster and not the latest poster. We'll take a look when we get a chance and get it resolved.


    Thanks for the report!
    I think the avatar image is the one that started the topic, but when you hover over it, it displays the name of the person that last posted in the topic.
    aka Laendra

    (Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

    My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

    Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

    Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

Log in

Log in