Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 8 of 14 First ... 678910 ... Last

Thread: Website refresh

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I did say 492. I was being a little obtuse. It would be great if FG had 492 systems it supported.
    Phew!
    Savage Rifts© on Fantasy Grounds Store
    Ultimate Edition Fantasy Grounds - ONLY ON Linux
    Twitch Channel

FYI in the Customers Also Bought section it seems to be listing everything with the Owned icon or at least is doing some of them incorrectly.

Actually, a filter by "Ruleset" shows 34 official, purchasable, rulesets.

FYI, @ddavison, 13th Age Ruleset does not have a thumbnail image.

A filter on the Forge for "Ruleset" shows 53 entries, however, not all of them are actually rulesets. Example, "Feature: Just The Clock Adjuster" shows up as a Ruleset, which it obviously is not, and there are numerous others.
    Last edited by johnecc; June 18th, 2024 at 01:54.

I really like the new look, thank you Looking forward to the new stuff coming in the future as well

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Actually, a filter by "Ruleset" shows 34 official, purchasable, rulesets.

FYI, @ddavison, 13th Age Ruleset does not have a thumbnail image.

A filter on the Forge for "Ruleset" shows 53 entries, however, not all of them are actually rulesets. Example, "Feature: Just The Clock Adjuster" shows up as a Ruleset, which it obviously is not, and there are numerous others.
    The Forge grabs any Forge item listed as a ruleset and adds it to the filter, so crafters can make extensions and adventures for Forge rulesets. If an item is incorrectly set as a ruleset please tell the crafter or let me know in the House of Healing - Forge subforum or on the Forge channel in the Discord

Quote Originally Posted by BadEye View Post
    Hello everyone - I'll jump in and start by sharing that this is step 0.5 of a big, adventurous journey. We're not going to be able to snap our fingers and have everything done in an instant (although we did crank out a new website in less than a week, so let's see what we can do).

We won't have every single ruleset we support on the homepage, mainly for the reason you mention here (we didn't have all the systems we support on the homepage before the site refresh either, by the way since it seems like in this thread that's being misunderstood), but we will end up with a dedicated "Games / Systems" page that has them all that will be accessible from the "Browse All Games" button at the bottom of the abbreviated homepage section. That page will have ALL games and will take some time to compile, hence the transitional period here where that button takes you to the store where you can access every product for every game.

That feels dramatic. As I mention above, we'll have a page that actually shows all of the game systems (since before according to your logic, we were assuming that your favorite was in the 33 that were listed and not the other systems that were missing from that list). We're simplifying the list of systems on the homepage itself, but we'll end up with a place that is actually comprehensive.

This also doesn't make complete sense to me, as no VTT lists every system they support on their homepage - that kind of full list happens elsewhere in the store or another page of the site, which is what we already do (in the store) and will end up with as well (on a dedicated page). And one more time for effect, the site two days ago didn't list every system we support either.

It absolutely will - that will be several steps in our upcoming adventurous journey. We're looking forward to rolling that out and we'll share more as we get there.

Can't wait!

Attachment 61083
    It responded well to anxious people who don't understand anything about how complex it is to redesign a website and everything involved in the backend and functionalities. It's only been 2 days and they're already starting to publicize an apocalypse haha. It's the price you pay for getting people used to solving their problems with 1 click. They start to think that everything is done with 1 click! hahahaha
     Web Developer & Designer UI/UX
    ️ Gamer
     RPG Player
     Streamer at Twitch (OlaEduTV)
     Chef
     Rocker
    ✡ Bnei Noach

Great start too many changes soon to come! This makes me even more excited to see what Adam Bradford can bring. In less than two weeks it's truly excellent work from him, and the rest of the team at Smiteworks! Got me all excited for the future! I shout it out to my players, who may not feel as passionate but are also enthused.

@johnecc,

Just went through the items listed as Ruleset on the Forge, and reassigned the 8-10 that were miscategorized. It's showing 52 now; and they all seem to be rulesets. (Also, I might have a few more, since I see unlisted ones too.)

Regards,
    JPG

The new website looks very modern - well done Adam and team - no rest for the inspired.

I didn't recognize the button to subscribe to the Fantasy Grounds mailing list - surprised it was so hidden as its a pretty powerful marketing tool.

Great job on the refresh.

Personally, I like it, however, I also don't care much about it other than I think others care. So if the people who don't currently have FGU care to like it (which I've heard only good things) I think its a huge win for FGU as a whole for me.

Thread Information