Text or Voice: Voice
    Main Language used: English
    Voice software used: Discord
    Not recorded or streamed.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, looking for total of 5
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, standard equipment
    Character restrictions: Some. Details in pdf provided to players

Gameplay Style: Light roleplay, exploration, combat, heavy character development. Focus on characters to the detriment of power gaming. Don't expect your fellow party members to have min-maxed for combat. GM will incorporate character backstories into future adventures. Most combat situations will be challenging but achievable. However, balance is not guaranteed, so know when to run.

More on Roleplay: The story takes precedence. We are collaboratively writing a story together. The party will typically be provided multiple story hooks, and through their actions will choose among them or introduce new goals or priorities. Anshem is meant to be a true sandbox.

No one is expected to be a voice actor. Light Roleplay in this context means you are expected to play your character according to their personality. It doesn't mean you have to speak like a dwarf, though that would be fun. A clever turn of phrase, on the other hand, might land you Advantage or other effect on a Persuasion check. Wordplay, strategy, tactical thinking, alternative solutions, all these things are encouraged.

Homebrew World: Anshem. It is the fifth age. For the second time, the united good races in the kingdom have pushed back the goblins and taken back most of the northern territories. Despite the war lasting for generations, it is a golden age, and the kingdom is growing. However, much of the remaining land remains wild, undisturbed for ages.

Misc: Greek Pantheon, Modified Racial Stats, some class limitations, some race limitations.

Kingdom Culture: Feudal Monarchy (King, Princes, Princess, Knights, Feudal Lords, Nobility, Citizens/civilians). Hmm, think of it as a mix of: Greek Citizenry, Roman Armies, Feudal European Monarchy.

Nearby Cultures: Arabia/Egyptian mix (flying carpets, sultans, pyramids), Feudal Japan, The Great Desert (Dune?).

Player Resources: Player's Handbook, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, Tortle Package, Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

House Rules: Advantage on Flanking, XP Advancement, optional Mana system, Long Rest at Sunrise Only, No Evil PCs, No PvP, more in the pdf provided to players.

Keeping it Clean: This will be a High Fantasy adventure. There will be violence, big scary monsters, drinking, and smoking. There will not be sex, sex-crimes, or psych-horror.

About Me: My name is Robert. I've been GMing since the early 80s, mostly D&D. I'm a big fan of Fantasy Grounds.

I would be interested

Thread Information