Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Im not understanding.
    Dis you already add Mind and Fortitude?
    Do they work?

I dont think I "draw from the Dexterity save modifier" in the Sanity extension?

I am not following the description sorry.

I'm sorry for my lack of clarity, Damned,
    Let me start over... I created three new saving throws that do not have a matching ability. In your video when you created the new SANITY ability and saving throw, they were paired, so that the SANITY saving throw would be derived from the SANITY Ability. What I have done is to create three new saving throws that don't have a unique or paired ability. The new saves are Reflex (Dexterity), Mind (Intelligence), and Fortitude (Constitution). All three pieces of code are identical with exception of the particular parameter that it's for. And, all three act identically in their dis-function.
    The main issues at this point for all three pieces of code is that once the <anchored> statements were added to relocate the buttons from the right side column to the middle of the main window the buttons failed to function (no dice rolls). When the <anchored> statements are commented out, the buttons act as they should (dice rolls work again). But, of course, the buttons go back to their original position in the right column.
    Here is the <anchored> section in question the placement is still as in the OP:
    <anchored to="newsaves" width="40" height="30">
    <top anchor="bottom" offset="15" />
    <left anchor="center" offset="-60" />
    <font>reference-b-large</font>
    <description textres="char_tooltip_reflex" />
    </anchored>
    I guess my questions are
    1. Where should the <anchored> statements be placed (if correct at all) to regain the dice roll function? The <anchored> function itself for placement of the elements on the Character Sheet are acting as expected.
    2. The LUA file (manager_actor2.lua) that you referenced in your video for SANITY doesn't seem to exist in current incarnation of CoreRPG or 5e BUT, there is manager_actor_5e.lua. Considering I'm not creating a new ability and only referencing an existing ability, do I need to make a LUA file entry at all? Just for best practices purposes?
    Thanks again, and again sorry about my lack of clarity

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you could mock up a screenshot of what you are trying to do?

You say your new Saves are not paired but then you list them followed by an Attribute, one might describe them as pairs....

Are you saying that your saves dont have dedicated/unique Attributes but share existing attributes? If so why do they exist if they have identical values to existing saves?

I understand the question... It isn't my game design. In their book, the game designer has saves for Reflex, Fortitude, and Mind but they also have saves for all of the "normal" abilities (STR, DEX,CON,INT, Technology (WIS), People (CHA)). It is redundant, but again, not my design. If they were going to use 5e as a basis, they should have stuck with it IMO. The game is Carbon 2185
    Screenshot
    https://ibb.co/2Yr8nzB
    Thanks again

Blog Entries
    OK great that helps. Share what you have done so far. I wont get to look at it until tomorrow evening but if you havent solved it by then I will put something together.

Thanks Damned,
    This is the entire added section on record_char_main.xml and reflected in the screenshot:
    <!-- NEW SECTION START-->
    <label_charframetop name="newsaves">
    <anchored height="20">
    <top anchor="bottom" offset="-210" />
    <left offset="105" />
    <right offset="-105" />
    </anchored>
    <static textres="char_label_newsaves" />
    <icons>char_stats</icons>
    </label_charframetop>
    <!-- Create new REFLEX Save based on Dexterity -->
    <number_charabilitysave name="reflex" source="abilities.dexterity.save">
    <target>reflex</target>
    <modifierfield>abilities.reflex.savemodifier</modifierfield>
    <top anchor="bottom" offset="15" />
    <left anchor="center" offset="-95" />
    <description textres="char_tooltip_reflex" />
    </anchored>
    </number_charabilitysave>
    <button_saveprof name="reflexsaveprof" source="abilities.dexterity.saveprof">
    <anchored to="reflex" />
    </button_saveprof>
    <label_chardefense>
    <anchored to="reflex" />
    <static textres="REF" />
    </label_chardefense>
    <!-- Create new FORTITUDE Save based on Constitution -->
    <number_charabilitysave name="fortitude" source="abilities.constitution.save">
    <target>fortitude</target>
    <modifierfield>abilities.constitution.savemodifier </modifierfield>
    <top anchor="bottom" offset="-30" />
    <left anchor="center" offset="-15" />
    <description textres="char_tooltip_fortitude" />
    </anchored>
    <button_saveprof name="fortitudesaveprof" source="abilities.constitution.saveprof">
    <anchored to="fortitude" />
    </button_saveprof>
    <label_chardefense>
    <anchored to="fortitude" />
    <static textres="FOR" />
    </label_chardefense>
    <!-- Create new Mind Save based on Intelligence -->
    <number_charabilitysave name="mind" source="abilities.intelligence.save">
    <target>mind</target>
    <top anchor="bottom" offset="-30" />
    <left anchor="center" offset="65" />
    <description textres="char_tooltip_mind" />
    </anchored>
    <modifierfield>abilities.intelligence.savemodifier </modifierfield>
    <button_saveprof name="mindsaveprof" source="abilities.intelligence.saveprof">
    <anchored to="mind" />
    </button_saveprof>
    <label_chardefense>
    <anchored to="mind" />
    <static textres="MIN" />
    </label_chardefense>
    <!-- NEW SECTION END-->

From what I can suss out, the problem is the <anchored> statements or in particular the placement of them within each section. As you can see from the screenshot, the elements are placed on the character sheet BUT they are not functional. If I comment out the <anchored> statements, the elements return to the right side under the other saves and work correctly. Considering all three code snippets are basically identical, all three perform identically. Everything else on the [Main] sheet works as expected,
    Thanks again

Blog Entries
    Hopefully this will help you.
    It also might not answer all your questions.
    They have made the character sheets so much more complicated with subwindows inside subwindows.

I basically made the charsheet taller and then because teh bottom section was anchored to the bottom it dropped down by the 80px I increased the sheet size by.
    That allowed me to add my code without <insertbefore> by also anchoring to the bottom - just a bit further away from the bottom.

It probably wont teach you as much as it might had I done it another way.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Damned,

*** UPDATE ***
    While I was waiting on support (Derek) to show me the error of my ways with why attachments wouldn't appear... (problem solved). I tried a few things:

1. at least one of my original incarnations of code would have worked if placed correctly.
    2. the placement of my code was wrong and was causing the issues. I needed to ADD it to the bottom of the <sheetdata> section rather than interspersing it into the existing code.

After receiving your attachment:
    1. for each parameter (Reflex, Fortitude, Mind) the only reference to the original (Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence) is the <target> value </target>

I hope this is educational for anyone trying to do this in the future.

Thanks again Damned, you helped immensely
    Last edited by Weepdrag; June 13th, 2024 at 23:20.

Blog Entries
    I kinda briefly explained above I was able to just add the code at the end because the object below it was anchored tl the bottom. Had it been relatively anchored to the object above it as everything else is, we would have needed an insertbefore in there on the first element.

Thanks Damned,
    The devil is always in the details.

Well [MAIN] is done, time to work on the [INVENTORY] Tab, that will be a new experience

Thank you again, you're a gentleman and scholar
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Thread Information