DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Grid Snap For Painting/Stamps Not Working

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...

With no extensions in D&D 5e, I can't seem to get the Control modifier to snap to grid when painting or using stamps. The Grid Snap and Magnetic Snap buttons don't seem to do anything.

Control still does work when drawing LOS and the Grid Snap and Point Snap buttons work there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post

With no extensions in D&D 5e, I can't seem to get the Control modifier to snap to grid when painting or using stamps. The Grid Snap and Magnetic Snap buttons don't seem to do anything.

Control still does work when drawing LOS and the Grid Snap and Point Snap buttons work there.
    Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.

Blog Entries

I am not able to reproduce this (v4.5.5). The snap buttons are working and CTRL is working to toggle the current snap state.

I just tried it again...

Magnetic Snap ON, Grid Snap OFF - CTRL does work (my mistake). It seems that the functionality has changed at some point. I remember that holding CTRL would show where it was going to snap to when you clicked to place the stamp. Now it doesn't, but when you click it does snap as it should.

What does Grid Snap do? All it seems to do is prevent Magnetic Snap from working if both are ON.

Thanks much for the reply.

Blog Entries
    I just tried it again...

Magnetic Snap ON, Grid Snap OFF - CTRL does work (my mistake). It seems that the functionality has changed at some point. I remember that holding CTRL would show where it was going to snap to when you clicked to place the stamp. Now it doesn't, but when you click it does snap as it should.

What does Grid Snap do? All it seems to do is prevent Magnetic Snap from working if both are ON.

Thanks much for the reply.
    When painting with the line tool, magnetic snap snaps the point to the nearest point within a threshold (10% of a grid). It has no effect when using the paint stamp.
    Grid snap snaps the paint point to the nearest grid point (corner or center). This works with either line paint or paint stamp.
    CTRL toggles the current grid snap state while CTRL is held down. CTRL + Shift toggles the current magnetic snap while both keys are held down.

Thanks much. That all makes sense and functions as intended.

My only complaint(?) is that I remember stamps used to function differently. While CTRL was held, but before the stamp was placed, the image would snap to where it would be placed if you clicked to place it. This doesn't seem to happen anymore. Basically it makes it (slightly) more difficult to see where the stamp will land when you click.

Blog Entries
    Thanks much. That all makes sense and functions as intended.

My only complaint(?) is that I remember stamps used to function differently. While CTRL was held, but before the stamp was placed, the image would snap to where it would be placed if you clicked to place it. This doesn't seem to happen anymore. Basically it makes it (slightly) more difficult to see where the stamp will land when you click.
    I'll look at fixing the paint stamp snapping preview.

Blog Entries
    Fixed. It should be available in the next Live Release update.

Awesome. Thanks for all of your help with everything.
    Last edited by rocketvaultgames; April 16th, 2024 at 21:54.

The fix @pindercarl provided is now available in FG v.4.5.6.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information