DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

5E SRD Bestriary links in existing books/modules are broken since update

It looks like the 5E SRD Bestiary was updated with new tokens somewhat recently, but it seems to also have changed the record links. If an NPC was linked in an existing book/refman/etc, it now opens a new empty personality instead of the NPC.

Blog Entries
    Do you have an example monster and module?

I could send you a campaign, but not here as it's a commercial release. Can I dm you on discord?

THe name of the module should be sufficient if it's one from the store. I'm unable to reproduce this with anything I have. It sounds like the product(s) that you are using directly link to the SRD rather than copying the monster first and using the copy.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Correct, it's anything that links to the SRD and not copied in. There's going to be hundreds of third-party modules affected as it's normal practice to drag an SRD NPC directly into an encounter (for example) rather than making a copy of it first. Most of the store products aren't using SRD so I doubt there'll be any there.

For simplicity, I've attached a basic module containing one encounter with an NPC added from the (older) SRD Bestiary. Here's how to reproduce the problem:
    -start a campaign with nothing activated (not even SRD for now)
    -activate the module ("SRD Test")
    -open the encounter ("The Unsettled Source")\
    -click on the link to open the Wraith's NPC sheet
    -notice it says the 5E SRD Bestiary isn't loaded, so we know the NPC was added from it
    -activate the 5E SRD Bestiary
    -click on the link to open the NPC sheet again and see how it opens a new, empty personality.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Are these hundreds of third-party modules that are available in our store (or Forge) or are you referring to homebrew modules?

I would guess mostly on dmsguild, but here's a Forge product: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1670/view
    Open the encounter called "balcony" then open the NPC sheet for the skeleton.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by digimatt View Post
    I would guess mostly on dmsguild, but here's a Forge product: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1670/view
    Open the encounter called "balcony" then open the NPC sheet for the skeleton.
    Thanks. Give me some time to review this and get back to you.

Blog Entries
    I don't see any encounters named "balcony" in that product or a link to the skeleton.

Thread Information