FG Spreadshirt Swag

Gifting a license to someone less fortunate

So I've held a FGC standard license since 2012 and an ultimate license since 2018. Since I've recently got more time to get back into GMing, so I just purchased a regular unity license. And in a flare up of cranial rectal inversion (its a chronic and recurring condition sometimes), I did so without thinking to check my previous order history, and as it turns out I was a unity kickstarter backer also, so I have a FGU Ultimate license already. Not really worried about a refund, so can I gift the FGU standard license?

And if so, does anyone have someone in mind that could use a standard, but can't justify the cost (I know times are lean right now for some folks)?

Welcome to the forums.

I can't remember if you can gift licenses or not (I have a feeling you can't). If you go into your order history and you can see a gift button next to your order (you have to do this with a few days of the purchase); then you can. If you don't see a gift button then you can't (or you didn't go in within the time period). You might want to contact support since they are probably in a better position to help. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

I can't remember if you can gift licenses or not (I have a feeling you can't). If you go into your order history and you can see a gift button next to your order (you have to do this with a few days of the purchase); then you can. If you don't see a gift button then you can't (or you didn't go in within the time period). You might want to contact support since they are probably in a better position to help. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals
    You can gift licences - I have done it several times.

Quote Originally Posted by grnsouth View Post
    So I've held a FGC standard license since 2012 and an ultimate license since 2018. Since I've recently got more time to get back into GMing, so I just purchased a regular unity license. And in a flare up of cranial rectal inversion (its a chronic and recurring condition sometimes), I did so without thinking to check my previous order history, and as it turns out I was a unity kickstarter backer also, so I have a FGU Ultimate license already. Not really worried about a refund, so can I gift the FGU standard license?

And if so, does anyone have someone in mind that could use a standard, but can't justify the cost (I know times are lean right now for some folks)?
    Also

Thanks for the replies! For future reference for anyone looking for the same information, if you go to your orders page, there should be a gift to someone option next to the order. You send it to the username of the person you want to gift it to.

The process is outlined in the FAQ here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...unt-to-theirs?

Note the gotchas - the order you're gifting has to be within the last 7 days and you'll gift the whole order.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information