FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Blog Entries
    Tales from the Loop was the one I was most interested in.
    I have created functioning rulesets for Tales from the Loop and Mutant Year Zero in the forge a long time ago already.
    Right now Im taking a break from making new rulesets.

Blade Runner kickstarter did 1.5 million $.
    Vaesen only 256 000 $.
    Talls from the loop 354 000 $.
    The One Ring 1.6 million $.
    I would bet on The One Ring and Blade Runner for a chance of success equal to the Alien RPG ruleset.
    Let's see the features list to know if there is an interest for those rulesets!

Blog Entries
    Licensing for The One Ring is not possible. It isn’t able to be sub-licensed for a digital version.

My vote would be for Forbidden Lands.

The previous suggestion(s) about a Kickstarter to fund the ruleset buildout is, IMO, the way to go. Let us fans fund the development rather than worry about whether or not it earns out post-development. Build the Year Zero Engine to be either d6 pool or die progression (same basic concept: +/-n = +/-nd6 OR +/-n die size, although the die progression is obviously a little trickier). The basic format is always the same, though: Four abilities, 12-16 skills, Talents and/or Specializations. Those should all be libraries at the front end for the developer to call. Ditto equipment dice (Coriolis, Mutant Year Zero, Forbidden Lands) or ammunition dice. Build out a bunch of libraries to support the various functionality, and even if you can't get the license for some of the systems for some reason, you could provide a front end for GMs to Frankenhack their own implementation of the excluded ruleset.

As you can see from the reactions, folks are going to be all over the place on which ruleset to support. The new Coriolis system is less than a year out (the Kickstarter is over $500K right now), which might revive interest in the old materials, yet it wasn't even mentioned.

Although it was nice to have Vaesen adapted (almost as lightweight a system as Tales from the Loop/Things from the Flood), I would much rather have seen Blade Runner, Twilight 2000, or Coriolis.

I've tried running Blade Runner and Twilight 2000 in Foundry, but the interface to Foundry is just so painfully clunky. I'd love to not have to ever use that again.

I agree that a Kickstarter would be a good idea. They take time and money to organise of course, so I don't know how sensible it is. But it's a good way of measuring how keen the player base of certain games is to get FGU support.

One of the problems is that in the normal course of events all I can do is to buy everything that comes out on FGU for certain systems to express my support. (Which obviously I've already done for Alien, Vaesen and Symbaroum). Indeed as a matter of principle I try to buy stuff for systems I think I might run at some point in the future, in order to encourage development.

But what I can't do is to say "I want to get Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane on here so badly that I'll pay hundreds of dollars towards the dev effort".

THAT is the true benefit of a kickstarter IMO - the ability to have higher-tier pledges.

I suspect that the Free League players are fairly affluent given the high production costs of the gorgeously expensive books, so the hope is a smaller number of us might still be able to justify the development costs if there's a way for us to actually contribute!

Cheers, Hywel

Quote Originally Posted by HywelPhillips View Post
    I agree that a Kickstarter would be a good idea. They take time and money to organise of course, so I don't know how sensible it is. But it's a good way of measuring how keen the player base of certain games is to get FGU support.

One of the problems is that in the normal course of events all I can do is to buy everything that comes out on FGU for certain systems to express my support. (Which obviously I've already done for Alien, Vaesen and Symbaroum). Indeed as a matter of principle I try to buy stuff for systems I think I might run at some point in the future, in order to encourage development.

But what I can't do is to say "I want to get Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane on here so badly that I'll pay hundreds of dollars towards the dev effort".

THAT is the true benefit of a kickstarter IMO - the ability to have higher-tier pledges.

I suspect that the Free League players are fairly affluent given the high production costs of the gorgeously expensive books, so the hope is a smaller number of us might still be able to justify the development costs if there's a way for us to actually contribute!

Cheers, Hywel

Bingo!

Blade Runner, Forbidden Lands and Walking Dead would be great. An update for Sybaroum would also be great as that ruleset is a bit messy especially trying to put new stuff in from other books!

Blog Entries
    We are going to send out a call for votes in the newsletter for ruleset development and it will link to the ruleset request list. Please look it over and make sure that everything you want voted on is represented in the list. Thanks for the ideas.

Thread Information