DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    If you are sharing a full image record, you have to toggle the identification state before sharing. (See attached clip.png)

The new Share button over the Picture field on NPCs does a different kind of sharing, where it only shares the a simple image not a full map-based image like the first option. We're trying to move PCs, NPCs and Items towards each having their own Picture field for simple sharing of a picture, without having to build out a whole Image record that has to live separately in a module or campaign. If you Share the Picture field, it will use the ID state of the record to determine what text to associate with the shared picture. (See attached clip2.png)

I realize that this is not as intuitive as we would all like, but it's a step on the way to simplifying picture sharing and allowing more records to have pictures without overwhelming the Images area of campaigns/modules with a bunch of records just to show a simple picture that's not a map. (i.e. the Image records can each be full-fledged maps and have much higher overhead than sharing a simple picture like we're moving towards).

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you are sharing a full image record, you have to toggle the identification state before sharing. (See attached clip.png)

The new Share button over the Picture field on NPCs does a different kind of sharing, where it only shares the a simple image not a full map-based image like the first option. We're trying to move PCs, NPCs and Items towards each having their own Picture field for simple sharing of a picture, without having to build out a whole Image record that has to live separately in a module or campaign. If you Share the Picture field, it will use the ID state of the record to determine what text to associate with the shared picture. (See attached clip2.png)

I realize that this is not as intuitive as we would all like, but it's a step on the way to simplifying picture sharing and allowing more records to have pictures without overwhelming the Images area of campaigns/modules with a bunch of records just to show a simple picture that's not a map. (i.e. the Image records can each be full-fledged maps and have much higher overhead than sharing a simple picture like we're moving towards).

Regards,
    JPG
    Completely understand - Yeah it seems hit or miss where I can and can't hide it so that makes sense. Alright I'll make seperate entries for the ones I need to hide and then tell my players that it's my expectation they don't go and look up the monster entry for the DM stats, on top of scrambling HP and stuff to keep it fresh

Appreciate it community fam Thanks!

The main thing is that whatever window you are sharing, you need to set the identification state before sharing.

Since you got me looking at this, I'll have to think about sharing for read-only NPCs though, since there is no way to change their identified state before copying them or adding them to combat tracker (same as copy really).

Regards,
    JPG

The main thing is that whatever window you are sharing, you need to set the identification state before sharing.

Since you got me looking at this, I'll have to think about sharing for read-only NPCs though, since there is no way to change their identified state before copying them or adding them to combat tracker (same as copy really).

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you!!

Okay, I'm going to add a small change so that any Picture fields shared from a read-only record will always assume unidentified.

Regards,
    JPG

This change is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates to get it.

Regards,
    JPG

This change is now available. Please run a new Check for Updates to get it.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sorry for the delay in response, but thank you so much! I really appreciate you!

Thread Information