FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Complete automation of an attack/defense matrix is possible. I have done it for my ruleset, Revolution D100, which is based on a previous incarnation of Mythras. I will release a beta to the public in one month, approximately. After which I am available to discuss with other developers the option of porting it to other D100 incarnations (BRP:UGE, RQG, Mythras, etc). Such discussion will probably happen on BRP Central rather than here, but we will probably post news here, too.

However, real automation of combat in one of the d100 rulesets involves much, much more than is implemented in the current BRP ruleset. Specifically, it should:
    • identify the target of an attack
    • make a roll and determine its level of success
    • allow the GM to correct the level of success in case of miscalculation
    • present the owner of the target character with a list of defensive options (Parry, Dodge, etc) appropriate to the type of attack
    • make the defence roll and determine the success level
    • allow the gm to alter the success level in case of miscalculations
    • determine the winner of the exchange and present a list of the available options, which is specific of the ruleset used
    • let the player select the preferred option and then roll the damage die, modified by the option chosen (impale, etc)
    • apply damage, taking into account armor and location

The current BRP ruleset does only a small part of this.

Cool! I look forward to that discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by RosenMcStern View Post
    However, real automation of combat in one of the d100 rulesets involves much, much more than is implemented in the current BRP ruleset. Specifically, it should:
    • identify the target of an attack
    • make a roll and determine its level of success
    • allow the GM to correct the level of success in case of miscalculation
    • present the owner of the target character with a list of defensive options (Parry, Dodge, etc) appropriate to the type of attack
    • make the defence roll and determine the success level
    • allow the gm to alter the success level in case of miscalculations
    • determine the winner of the exchange and present a list of the available options, which is specific of the ruleset used
    • let the player select the preferred option and then roll the damage die, modified by the option chosen (impale, etc)
    • apply damage, taking into account armor and location
    That all sounds terrific - looking forward to it.

I bought the BRP ruleset. I like what I see.

Thread Information