STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: 5E NPC howler

5E NPC howler

Hi,

in the official monster of the multiverse, the howler has this attack:

Code:
    Rending Bite
    Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage, plus 22 (4d10) psychic damage if the target is frightened. This attack ignores damage resistance.
    Which causes it to roll both piercing and psychic damage together. I know the text is copy-pasted straight from the official text, but i've had to make copy so it reads as:
    Code:
    Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage. If the target is frightened they also suffer 22 (4d10) psychic damage. This attack ignores damage resistance.
    i know it's a silly thing to report, and there's probably nothing you can do about it. but thought i'd share anyway.

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Zach will give you the definitive answer, but usually, if something in a 5e WotC Module is different than what's on print, it's because it has errata applied to it. But it could also be a mistake.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, in order for FG to parse the damage roll correctly, the two damage rolls have to be better separated. Good catch.

Thread Information