STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by famuraa View Post
    Sorry but Changing the theme does not solve the problems caused by this update, 4e is an expansion appreciated by few and supported only by fans, so why create these changes? couldn't we leave everything as before, or at least create something on forge even for a fee to ensure that it kept its graphic style like in the manuals and power cards? Thank you.
    4e is a free ruleset on Fantasy Grounds. If you want it to work like it used to prior to the recent 100% necessary changes to Fantasy Grounds then either learn to code lua and create a theme that is to your liking or wait for one of the community developers, that volunteer their free time, to do it.

I know this, but then I don't understand why update it and not leave it as it was. For 4th edition players it was fine as it was before the updates, couldn't the 4th edition rules system be excluded from the updates?

Quote Originally Posted by famuraa View Post
    I know this, but then I don't understand why update it and not leave it as it was. For 4th edition players it was fine as it was before the updates, couldn't the 4th edition rules system be excluded from the updates?
    You can't update the software and then select one ruleset not to get an update. It doesn't work that way.

Eventually the 4e community will update their content to work better in FGU 4.5, but it takes time.

The 4E ruleset is part of the base rulesets provided by Fantasy Grounds. As such, they still need to support this ruleset plus any themes they provide (free and from the store) that are compatible with all rulesets. A lot of the recent changes were to make it more efficient for SmiteWorks to support rulesets and themes. If the recent changes weren't made to the 4E ruleset then most (all?) of the SmiteWorks provided themes would stop working and also future core functionality might not work correctly in the 4E ruleset.

I understand it's annoying for the layout/colours/graphics to change from what you're used to. Hopefully there can be some assistance with this from the community, perhaps an extension supporting some changes for a subset of themes...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ok, i hope in one update, thank for all. I'm sorry for disturb

Thanks a lot for the improvement of the NPCs Sheets.

Regards,
    Alec

Thread Information