DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can't Modify Monsters

Greetings to all again,

I just updated my FGU to 4.5.0 and now I find myself unable to modify my monsters. I know that big patches sometimes break stuff down and this seems to be the case here. Hopefully it won't be a hassle to fix.

Best regards to all,
    Samzagas

Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    Greetings to all again,

I just updated my FGU to 4.5.0 and now I find myself unable to modify my monsters. I know that big patches sometimes break stuff down and this seems to be the case here. Hopefully it won't be a hassle to fix.

Best regards to all,
    Samzagas
    You don't need to modify any monsters Samzagas, they're fine just as they are

But yeah, can confirm, can't unlock to edit any of them at all.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I just pushed an update to RMC to allow NPCs to be fully editable again and standardized with CoreRPG. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG

Looks like this is resolved, thanks.

For anyone looking, the unlock button is in the upper left of the NPC sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just pushed an update to RMC to allow NPCs to be fully editable again and standardized with CoreRPG. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG

The lock icon is there, but clicking it doesn't unlock.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    The lock icon is there, but clicking it doesn't unlock.
    If you are trying to unlock one of the NPCs from the RMC books, you first need to make a copy of it, then unlock the copy.

You cannot modify the built-in NPCs (it was that way in previous versions as well). It's not as obvious now that is the case. In the older versions, the lock icon was Red indicating that it could not be unlocked.

If you look closely at the lock icon, if it is not unlockable, it will have an X on the lock, the one that can be unlocked has a keyhole instead.

Last edited by Sulimo; March 10th, 2024 at 06:13.

@deer_buster,

I'm seeing what @Sulimo is showing in his picture above. Do you have any unzipped rulesets in the FG data folder, or any extensions loaded?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @deer_buster,

I'm seeing what @Sulimo is showing in his picture above. Do you have any unzipped rulesets in the FG data folder, or any extensions loaded?

Regards,
    JPG
    Ah, thought I had clicked on my copy of the NPC, but must have clicked the original one...it works now.
    aka Laendra

still having those errors popup when I click on any of the attack items in the NPCs tho...I had posted it in the HoH
    aka Laendra

Yeah, I forwarded to Dakadin. It looks like an issue with the Character Law NPC data that's been around for a while.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information