STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    As long as it's optional then whatever. I'm good with how it was.

This is so much better than pencil, paper and imagination that I grew up with. More imagination and less note keeping.

I'm an old grump. Don't want a video game. I have an attention span longer than 3 seconds and if you made it shiny I usually don't wear my glasses and couldn't see it anyway.

Blog Entries
    Some DMs are amazing at describing a scene, the relative size of monsters to players, etc. I think this feature still has value for those DMs, but it has a much bigger upgrade for DMs who struggle in those areas or who are just starting out.

Flashy spell effects, animated dice, ambient and triggered audio, animated attacks, telegraphed results of actions (not all of this is in FG... yet) ... All ways to have more immersion in the game. Call it a video game if you like but it's called technology. It's features like these that will improve peoples RPG experience.

I won't personally be using the 2.5d but expect someday it'll be actual 3D and then I'll start exploring ... mostly it will be how easy can I make maps for it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

In my opinion, the only thing they did wrong was release it too early. They should've waited to release the 3D tokens until after they figured out how to make 3D terrain and buildings, and then released everything at once.

Because.

It had to come out of test eventually, and why not get it out and actually tested by everyone. 2.5d aside, there are lots of interesting and good features added to this, including lots of nice UI improvements and things people have been asking for for years, like Pinging maps.

Gotta keep moving forward or people will complain its not moving forward even when they complain it is moving forward.....

I think at times having the option to go back and forth between the views primarily to impress the size difference between monsters and players I will make use of. It’s optional so I’m fine with it. Options are good. Imo anyway.

I like it a lot even with a few minor bugs that I saw (I kept having my ettin spawn 25 feet below the map no matter what I did in camera mode). The best is to impress on the size, like Mytherus, mentioned above. I also will use for a ranged character shooting through multiple PCs/monsters. I can now say look at camera mode and tell me how you are going to hit the bad guy in the back.

Great job Smiteworks! Keep up the good work.

P.S. Now if you can only find someone to do all the lighting in Dungeon of the Mad Mage that would be great. Ha ha...kidding...unless

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Flashy spell effects, animated dice, ambient and triggered audio, animated attacks, telegraphed results of actions (not all of this is in FG... yet) ... All ways to have more immersion in the game. Call it a video game if you like but it's called technology. It's features like these that will improve peoples RPG experience.
    Yeah, this is what my players are asking for. One of my players is planning to DM but he will be using Foundry.

Personally, I still enjoy the automation that FGU provides for me as a DM. He is taking forever to prepare his campaign, but as of now, I feel FGU makes the process much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Decepticon View Post
    I also will use for a ranged character shooting through multiple PCs/monsters. I can now say look at camera mode and tell me how you are going to hit the bad guy in the back.
    I would reply "ballistics".

Just a question about the new isometric view.. It seems like this would be useful for 3d tokens, akin to having miniatures on a tabletop.

Are there such things available or are there plans to do something like that in future?

I see above someone mentions tokens above but is there a thread someone can direct me to?
    Last edited by MartianXi; March 9th, 2024 at 15:55.

Thread Information