Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks. I was able to find an issue with the FX layers and committed a fix. This should be addressed in the next updated.
    Awesome. Thanks!

I really appreciate the responsiveness and help with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks. I was able to find an issue with the FX layers and committed a fix. This should be addressed in the next updated.
    FX performance on large maps seems to be the same as 4.4 after the last update. Thanks for the fix!

I know this was fixed at some point but it appears to be broken again. Even 1 FX visible causes substantial video lag when resizing the window. Each additional FX visible makes it substantially worse. Hiding them solves the problem completely.

This was not an issue in 4.4 even on very large maps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    I know this was fixed at some point but it appears to be broken again. Even 1 FX visible causes substantial video lag when resizing the window. Each additional FX visible makes it substantially worse. Hiding them solves the problem completely.

This was not an issue in 4.4 even on very large maps.
    I can take a look at this. Are there masks on the FX layers? How big is the image window?

"Map - Vilkstead"

The layer with the mask (Water) has the largest impact on performance when resizing the window. The layers without masks (Clouds/Snow/Snow) have a lesser impact, but it is still noticeable.

The image window is taking up roughly half of a 4k display in this instance.

i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz
    64 GB DDR5
    Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
    RTX 4070 TI (12 GB dedicated / 43.9 GB total)

Zipped Campaign: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qof9xrqmrx...02020.zip?dl=0

You may want to consider testing in a new campaign without extensions; and uploading that campaign with just the problematic image (if there is still an issue). The campaign is a tad big as it stands and there's some very large images in there. It may not have much effect but you might want to clear out the images a bit since I don't imagine that you are using all of them at the same time (especially those that are over 4Mb). I didn't see any particular lag when resizing the image but I don't have a 4k monitor; nor do I have any of the extensions being used - so those may be factors.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I did check it without extensions. My understanding is that the large images should have 0 effect if they are not shared with players nor accessed during a session (no thumbnail generation, etc.)...

This issue seems specifically tied to the current image while being resized with either Control-Left-Click-Drag, or just Left-Click-Drag from a Right/Down/Lower Right Corner handle while FX are visible. Masks make it worse, and number of FX make it worse (with even a single mask causing the greatest issue). It is worse with larger maps but can start to be seen in a new campaign with no extensions with a single water layer with a mask.

Even very large images are fine to scroll around. It's specifically during resizing and this did not happen in 4.4. Was fixed at some point after 4.5 (see above), then reverted.

I definitely don't know how this works behind the scenes, but maybe a possibility would be to lock the FX to their current visible state when resizing starts and then turn them back on after resizing action ends?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    I did check it without extensions. My understanding is that the large images should have 0 effect if they are not shared with players nor accessed during a session (no thumbnail generation, etc.)...

This issue seems specifically tied to the current image while being resized with either Control-Left-Click-Drag, or just Left-Click-Drag from a Right/Down/Lower Right Corner handle while FX are visible. Masks make it worse, and number of FX make it worse (with even a single mask causing the greatest issue). It is worse with larger maps but can start to be seen in a new campaign with no extensions with a single water layer with a mask.

Even very large images are fine to scroll around. It's specifically during resizing and this did not happen in 4.4. Was fixed at some point after 4.5 (see above), then reverted.

I definitely don't know how this works behind the scenes, but maybe a possibility would be to lock the FX to their current visible state when resizing starts and then turn them back on after resizing action ends?
    Thanks for the extra information. It is in line with what I expected. There is some re-allocation of resources that happens when the image window is resized. I'm going to see if I can stall the reallocation until the window is resized. I'm not sure if the right hooks are in place, or if I have to insert them.

Thread Information