DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issues with criticals using creatures from C&T III

Greetings everybody.

I've been using some creatures from the Creature and Treasures III module and I've noticed that some of the more exotic attacks are not properly linked to their critical tables, even when using tables from other modules. For example: If I use a Plasma Zephyr Hound, I can roll the Plasma Breath just fine, but when it comes to the results it applies the concussion damage but it doesn't resolve the critical table, not even when I right click to open choose the table manually. What I've had to do is manually opening the table and appling the results. The Bite attack works fine.
    Here are some other creatures I've tried:
    • Ektar - The Fireball won't open any critical tables automatically, but I can right click and choose one.
    • Plasma Golem - Works fine.
    • Time Golem - Works fine.
    • Aether Riding Elemental - The Cone attack won't open the critical table autimatically, can't use right click to open the table.
    • Chaos Great Drake - The Chaos Breath attack won't open the critical table autimatically, can't use right click to open the table.
    • Dark Great Drake - Works fine.
    • Gravity Great Drake - Works fine.
    • Gas Great Drake - The Gas Breath attack won't open the critical table autimatically, can't use right click to open the table.
    • Nether Spirit Elemental - The Nether Breath works fine, which came as a surprise since it uses Distuption and Stress criticals.

So it seems a bit random what works and what doesn't, hopefully this can be fixed soon.

I am looking into all the items you mention. I can report that the Ektar's Fireball automation works as designed. I suspect that your table resolver options are set to not automatically roll criticals. Please check in Options under the Combat section. Look for the 'Table Resolver Apply: Roll NPC result table'. This option has a number of .... options .... but basically determines whether fumble / critical tables are automatically rolled after you click on the 'Apply' button on the Attack Table.

I did find that the secondary and tertiary criticals have a linking issue. While in the Table Resolver they say Essence and Neuro, the actual tables are different. I will fix that linking when the next version of C&T III is ready to roll out.

I am currently looking at your other items and will post back here when I have updates.

Thank you for supporting Rolemaster.

Rajek

I have pinpointed the issue with the Plasma Zephyr Hound. There was a typo in the xml. It will be fixed and included in the next version.

Regards,

Rajek

I'll looking forward to the next update then.

The rest of your list has been verified as working properly. Will push an update right away.

Rajek

Thread Information