DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[LFP] [FREE] Savage Worlds Comedy One-shot "Captain, I See Something!"

Hello all!

I am hosting two sessions of my original Sci-fi Comedy scenario "Captain, I See Something!" through startplaying.games. Links for each day are included in the Time & Frequency section.

Details below:

System: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE)
    Open Slots: 6
    Requirements: working microphone, Discord, a free demo version of Fantasy Grounds Unity
    You Should Also Bring: A well rounded and open sense of humour
    Time and Frequency: Group 1 - Monday, March 4th, at 1900GMT
    Group 2 - Tuesday, March 5th, at 1900GMT
    Platforms: Fantasy Grounds Unity & Discord

Description: You and your fellow players are members of the Human Interplanetary Vessel Schadenfreude’s elite the 404th Mobile Laundry Unit (MLU) ‘Red Shirts in the Whites’. The HIV Schadenfreude is currently in orbit around the planet Sneezelax, and somewhere on the planet below, the captain has soiled his uniform and needs your help. You and your away team will be beamed to the surface where you will meet with Captain Hank Hadron and his two first officers Commander Schlub, and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Hugo “Hack” Hackenbush to provide emergency laundering services. Sneezelax is a heretofore uncharted Savage World fraught with untold peril, should you or any of your team perish the Schadenfreude will beam down a replacement. Good luck, Red Shirts!

Capitalizing on the Savage Worlds’ FAST, FURIOUS, and FUN mantra, players will take on the roles of hapless red shirts beamed down to a deadly planet’s surface on a mission of asinine proportions. This game will put heavy emphasis on roleplaying because each of the 50+ members of the 404th MLU has crippling personality flaws that will cause tension and stand to hinder the mission or hamper other team-members. PCs will die frequently and in amusing fashions, but that’s okay because the engineering crew of the HIV Schadenfreude are ready to beam down a replacement at a moment’s notice. At the beginning of the mission and after each character’s death, players will randomly pull a new crew member out of a hat and assume the quirky personality noted in their description. Personality quirks might range anywhere from extreme Tourette Syndrome with Generalised Anxiety disorder to having 12 teddy bears that the character insists are her children. One way or another, this rag-tag troupe is going to clean and air the Captain’s dirty laundry!

Sounds good. I might be able to make one.

Have enough people responded to make these sessions happen? I'd play.

Oh absolutely no one has signed up. That said, if it falls through this week, I'd be happy to run a session on request. If such is the case, just PM me and we can hammer something out.

I'm guessing the game isn't happening. It looks like I was the only person who officially signed up for tomorrow (Tuesday).
    Would have been fun. alas.

That does look to be the case. Well, thanks for your willingness to participate. As I said before, if you ever want me to run the scenario just send me a message. Likewise, if you're just looking for a Game Master feel free to tap me on the shoulder. I've been running games for 9-14 year olds exclusively for the past 10 or so years and I'm keen to play with adults for a change. I only run rules-lite or role-play heavy systems though. Savage Worlds is my go to system, but I also know how to run FATE, V5, and Freeform Universal. I also enjoy running the AGE systems like Dragon AGE and Fantasy AGE, but they're not supported by Fantasy Grounds.

Hello.
    This sounded like a perfect game for my family. Your story setup sounded fantastic. Would you consider running it at another time?
    Our family of three have recently started playing again my son is 14. I've been learning and teaching them how to play using Fantasy Grounds. I have only run a couple of small skirmishes with them so far. We are setting up Discord and new headsets will be here next week.
    many a butt await my boot print

Quote Originally Posted by mindfungus View Post
    This sounded like a perfect game for my family.
    If there is one thing I can promise, it's that this scenario is NOT family safe. It is a strictly 18 and up scenario. Though it is down now, the listing comes with a list of Content Warnings that includes (but certainly isn't limited to):

Alcoholism, Alcohol Use, Blood, Body Horror, Character Death, Classism, Clowns, Death, Drugs (addiction, use, and withdrawal), Emotional Abuse, Execution, Extreme Violence, Fire, Force Outing of a character’s sexuality, Gore, Guns, Homophobia, Illness, Insects, Language/Cursing, Lifechanging Injuries, Mass Death, Medical Issues, Mental Illness, Microagressions (and Macro Agressions), Mind Control, Murder, Prejudice, PTSD, Racism, Real World Religion, Sexism, Sexual Content, Sex Toys (in compromising places), Trivializing of Mental Illness, Violence, Animal Death, and Racial Profiling.

That said, if you need a Game Master for a more family friendly scenario, let me know.

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    as i am learning savage worlds and unity, played alot of classic i would love to try this game out if you ever decide to give it another go.

I'm happy to run it so long as I have a group of at least 3 and our times line up. If you want to put a session together let me know. I'm itching to run a game for adults for a change.
    Recent evidence suggests that a barrel full of monkeys is not half as much fun as previously claimed, and is, in fact, rather horrifying!

Thread Information