5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Feedback Image Records

Hi there,
    I like the new WASD controls for images, also the ping and camera buttons.

The "Clear Death Marker" icon gives me an error: "CoreRPG.manager_image.lua: 264 attempt to index global "cImage" (a nil value). As a thought: Should this button really delete the entire layer or would it be better to hide it? Once its gone, is gone...

Should "Target Enemy Units" & "Target "Friendly Units" be toggles, i.e. switch their color to green if enabled? I'm always unsure about these buttons, aren't they actually "Show Targeted..." buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Hi there,

The "Clear Death Marker" icon gives me an error: "CoreRPG.manager_image.lua: 264 attempt to index global "cImage" (a nil value). As a thought: Should this button really delete the entire layer or would it be better to hide it? Once its gone, is gone...

Should "Target Enemy Units" & "Target "Friendly Units" be toggles, i.e. switch their color to green if enabled? I'm always unsure about these buttons, aren't they actually "Show Targeted..." buttons?
    Clear Death Marker is not new just in a new location. The error might be an extension.

The WASD and such is a massive improvenent on the old gold box it replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Hi there,

I can confirm the error when using the Clear Death Markers button. You can hide the layer yourself if you want to by using the visibility buttons on the map panel on the right. Not really sure what the benefit of that would be though.

Target enemies and target friendly are not toggles; they are one off things which allows a character to quickly target all enemies or all friendlies for the purpose of making attacks, saves, or heals for example. They are probably rarely used since there aren't many circumstances where targeting all enemies or friendlies is necessary.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    They are probably rarely used since there aren't many circumstances where targeting all enemies or friendlies is necessary.
    5e Fireball. Savage Rifts Elemental Fury !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    5e Fireball. Savage Rifts Elemental Fury !!
    It's rare that every enemy is under the fireball's radius. I'm not sure that my players have ever been in a position to use either button; but YMMV. At any rate the point is they aren't toggles they don't switch on or off or have any permanency.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't have an extensions active, tested with a clean 5E ruleset.

Now I finally know what these "Target" buttons are about! The WIKI is silent on them unfortunately. Should the tooltip then be changed to "Target all ..."?

You may be confusing the Target enemies with Target Mode; which allows you to draw a rectangle (or freestyle it you hold down ALT whilst drawing with left click) to select a subset of enemies within the drawing boundary. This is certainly I think more used to select multiple targets - although CTRL+Click is probably still faster in most cases. But I get what you are saying with the tooltip being changed to target all; although there isn't a button for Target some

The Clear Death Markers error should be fixed in the updates today.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information