STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    in the moduledb folder will be an XML file for every module that you have modified. Within there, you will find a link to the old JPG file that has been renamed to a webp version. If you restore that file to your moduledb folder from your backup, you can edit that and it should restore your efforts.

Our intention is not to change maps or tokens for this reason because it breaks in progress campaigns and requires them to be reverted or the moduledb xml files to be edited. We are also investigating some method where an image will look for a webp version if the jpg or png version is not found.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    in the moduledb folder will be an XML file for every module that you have modified. Within there, you will find a link to the old JPG file that has been renamed to a webp version. If you restore that file to your moduledb folder from your backup, you can edit that and it should restore your efforts.
    opened moduledb folder from current updated and pre updated back ups / found DD Dungeon of the Mad Mage HTML (xml) file / replaced updated version with pre update version

What do I do from here? What do "you can edit that" mean? - (Highlander movie quote)
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Blog Entries
    Edit the xml file in notepad++.

Look for the map name and change the extension for the filename in the xml from .jpg to .webp. Then reload the campaign and you should see the map image instead of the grey box, along with whatever else you added to the map.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Edit the xml file in notepad++. Look for the map name and change the extension for the filename in the xml from .jpg to .webp. Then reload the campaign and you should see the map image instead of the grey box, along with whatever else you added to the map.
    back into folders, opened with notepad, Find / Replace - all worked for Level 3 (My test) Now just 12 more levels to fix. *L*
    Thank you for the help.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the trouble. Glad the fix is working for you.

In my case I had to edit the base db.xml file in the campaign folder for the fixes to take effect. That could be because I didn't keep the original WotC module installed after I had extracted the maps I needed. I had thought that I was saving time by repurposing some existing maps for my current campaign rather than creating new ones. I'm just glad that this change doesn't affect the thousands of maps I've created from images found online.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybones1969 View Post
    In my case I had to edit the base db.xml file in the campaign folder for the fixes to take effect. That could be because I didn't keep the original WotC module installed after I had extracted the maps I needed. I had thought that I was saving time by repurposing some existing maps for my current campaign rather than creating new ones. I'm just glad that this change doesn't affect the thousands of maps I've created from images found online.
    I do that too, grab art maps from online and bring them into the game, I put the DM image on the same file as a layer only I see for labels and such, and the FGU players map for the premade FGU walls. So when this happened all 13 currently prepped maps went wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    back into folders, opened with notepad, Find / Replace - all worked for Level 3 (My test) Now just 12 more levels to fix. *L*
    Thank you for the help.
    You can use the Find and Replace function in Notepad++ to help speed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    You can use the Find and Replace function in Notepad++ to help speed it up.
    Yes, that's what I posted.

You guys replaced chapter jpg images with webp files? Why? (don't bother answering that)

Thread Information