DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    I would be happy to do more AMA's. I think Cameron and I are spit balling ideas on how to present coding side of things to the public. Right now, many things are changing and in a big way. Would hate to present videos or tutorials that will be obsolete next week.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    World of Darkness is the system, but requires three different rulesets to work in relation to each other. Vampire was done previously, but had to be redone to be more generic and allow the use of characters from Hunter and Werewolf. So the code was scrapped and built from the ground up. So one system in FG terms, but three different rulesets under the hood. Star Trek Adventures was not done. That was built from the ground up.
    You should get someone to check the store because a filtered search for Rulesets doesnt show any of Wod, HtR, or WtA. It might help if these could be found more easily. Also its not that clear what you might need to play Htr or WtA or VtM as they say this:

Requires: An active subscription or a one time purchase of a Fantasy Grounds Unity license and a one time purchase of the World of Darkness Ruleset.

But there is no World of Darkness ruleset listed in the store.

Right now, many things are changing and in a big way. Would hate to present videos or tutorials that will be obsolete next week.

Then the filter needs to be updated, but in the create campaign for each of those systems is World of Darkness as that is the parent system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by superteddy57; February 26th, 2024 at 06:09.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Then the filter needs to be updated, but in the create campaign for each of those systems is World of Darkness as that is the parent system.

Do you have a link to that ruleset in the store that you can share?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

The ruleset is provided with a purchase of Vampire the Masquerade, Hunter the Reckoning, or Werewolf the Apocalypse. So can't really link to it as those purchased will provide the central system. Each are separate in the code to handle their special parts, but feed into a central system (ruleset) that allows characters from Vampire to play in the others and vice versa.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Blog Entries
    The ruleset is provided with a purchase of Vampire the Masquerade, Hunter the Reckoning, or Werewolf the Apocalypse. So can't really link to it as those purchased will provide the central system. Each are separate in the code to handle their special parts, but feed into a central system (ruleset) that allows characters from Vampire to play in the others and vice versa.
    If there is a ruleset in each product you should definitely get the products updated.
    At the moment 2 of them are listed as Accessories and all three say you need the World of Darkness ruleset.
    That would help their visibility.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I have 5 rulesets active on Fantasy Grounds . Four we sell licensed products and one we cant even if we wanted to (D6). (plus one I took over and made a Honor and Intrigue extension for) The reason I have not done more isn't because of FG it is because the smaller game makers can't sell their product on Fantasy Grounds. DTRPG stops them by withholding 5% of their sales if they move to a non inclusive agreement. This is not me saying this this comes directly from the game makers. The loss from pdf sales is just much greater than what they can recover on Fantasy Grounds. Foundry on the other hand sells their products on DTRPG so this is a non issue. So we are probably never going to get a lot of the smaller games on here. Without the ability to put out licensed products generally people are not going to spend time develop.
    He has another off the site that I use. I talked to the IP owner in person. Completely not interested in listing his product on another store with a new set of fees. So working from scratch with someone else on Foundry as the fee is small and he can just use his DTRPG account that he is familiar with. I know a fair number of smaller publishers and they get told by Roll20 that they consider VTT to be a book reader and selling elsewhere violates their exclusivity bonus.

I am also assuming that Lua is not a well known and sought after script language.

Finally, browser to web server seems to be winning.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Hi superteddy57 I see the description for VtM has been updated.
    HtR and WtA are still showing as accessories and still state they need a one time World of Darkness ruleset purchase.

Hello!

Regarding the camera and first-person views, is the only way to add images in this perspective through tokens? I remember that one of the early videos about this feature showed a scene with a tree. Was that tree also a token?

I find using tokens in scenes to be quite complicated. They only work if they're linked to the combat tracker, and if they're not in the character list, they're dragged as images.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a specific layer on the map for these images? A sort of vertical layer, for example. I think it would be very useful to be able to add some visual elements this way, even if the perspective is always the same (as with tokens).
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

HtR and WtA Rulsets and Requirement Update

HtR and WtA are now listed as 'Rulesets' and the "one-time World of Darkness ruleset purchase" requirement was removed from their descriptions.

Thank You for bringing it to our attention.

Thread Information