FG Spreadshirt Swag

Player confusion with spell automation

I may be missing something here, but my players get confused by the limits of current automation. The activities tab has solid automation, with the pattern of "hit the minimal buttons followed by the star" and for the most part it applies things correctly. The issue is that when they go to their spells they are not set up in the same way and now the star typically does nothing and they need to know which buttons to hit for each stage of processing the effects. This is made worse by the page defaulting to minimal buttons - hiding all of the buttons they need to actually make things work.
    Are there plans to migrate spell effects to match the pattern in activities? Has it already been done and I missed it somehow?
    T

The issue is that the min. actions functionality was introduced in Release 19, whereas most of the spell actions were already created. So most spells default to not showing the action buttons as an empty check box (don't show) is the same as no data for previous release spells, or spells that have already been added to a PC sheet.

We have an outstanding R19 development task that will allow "All Actions" to be the default display.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The issue is that the min. actions functionality was introduced in Release 19, whereas most of the spell actions were already created. So most spells default to not showing the action buttons as an empty check box (don't show) is the same as no data for previous release spells, or spells that have already been added to a PC sheet.

We have an outstanding R19 development task that will allow "All Actions" to be the default display.
    Sounds good - thanks

Thread Information