FG Spreadshirt Swag

Vitality damage and Holy (Sanctified) Spirit damage

We fought some ghosts last session (as part of an official module) and the damage reductions and weaknesses didn't seem to work all that well.

It seems that with the remaster active, any mention of positive/negative in a damage instance is automatically converted into vitality/void, and any mention of good or evil is automatically converted to spirit damage.

HOWEVER this does not seem to work with effects that give resistances or weaknesses for creatures, which results in none of this working right out of the box.

For Vitality/Void, the fix is easy enough as you can just rewriting weaknesses and resistances to Vitality/Void from Positive/Negative respectively (although a bit annoying if you have to do it multiple times), but I can't figure out how to apply weaknesses to spirit damage that is holy or unholy sanctified. Is there some sort of tutorial somewhere that I missed?
    Last edited by Montis; January 23rd, 2024 at 13:51.

There isn't a holy/unholy damage type at this point. Until Monster Core is released, we don't know exactly how Paizo are going to handle this. It may be that FG's implementation has to add holy and unholy as damage types (probably) even though they aren't "damage types" as per the PF2 remaster rules.

We also have an outstanding development task to convert damage types on the fly from legacy -> remaster and remaster -> legacy depending on the ruleset type being used and also where possible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, fair enough for holy & unholy to wait until Monster Core. I would imagine it would be good to have both the option to add a holy or unholy trait to a damage instance (e.g. 5 spirit, holy), but also have FG look for a sanctified and/or holy/unholy trait in the spell/action and possibly the character traits.

As for vitality/void: I think it should be reasonable that if the damage is always converted, that the respective keywords in resistances and weaknesses of creatures are also converted (at least behind the scenes) so the resistances and weaknesses actually apply

We must not forget that there are 2 types of spirit damage. Spirit damage with sanctified trait and spirit damage without it.
    For example are this spells:
    Divine Wrath (sanctified, spirit), Spirit Blast (spirit)

For example Spirit Blast will not activate weakness to holy/unholy because it doesn't have sanctified trait.

Thread Information