DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Werewolf: The not Vampiring

I understand Vampire has always been the flagship of WoD, however, I cannot be alone in loving Werewolf over Vampire.

I've noticed that I have been having to house rule a lot of issues with the WW ruleset, like how a single d10 to change forms makes it almost impossible to actually change forms it seems... I had a player fail three times in a row trying to go from Homid to Glabro losing rage the entire time until finally, they lost the wolf and could not longer do anything at all for an entire day since that whole ordeal happened around brunch. Don't get me started on how hard it is for a werewolf to actually change into a werewolf.

I was hoping to start this thread as a way for those of us like me who are lovers of WoD's werewolf but are are having a hard time reconciling with this ruleset to share some of the house rules we have come up with.

Couple things first though:

1 - If you love this ruleset then fantastic, you are the people that will keep Renegade putting out more sourcebooks so we can delve into the new lore. I love you, rock on with your bad selves.

2 - If you are of the mind to tell me to crawl back into my hole and only play second edition then cool, please point me to the FG ruleset for Werewolf 2e that I can install into FGU. I cannot seem to find it.

Anyway, here is the first house rule that I have felt the need to add:

Shape-Changing

"The rage rolls required to change shape remain the same
    Players changing into a shape that requires a rage roll will roll as many dice that equal their rage. If any die is a success (Glabro/Hispo) or two die are successes (Crinos) then the werewolf change is successful. If there are not enough successes required (1 for G/H, 2 for C) then the change fails and rage is lost.
    Max 1 rage lost no matter how many failures are rolled"

edit: all the grammar
    edit 2: clarified my snark to refer to 2nd edition
    Last edited by Draykor; January 22nd, 2024 at 16:30.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No, the old edition from the 90s.. I should clarify since they have the same name

Hello, how are you? I'm looking for the same thing or an extension that also gives me rage, gnosis and willpower...my players and many of us prefer the old rules...although I bought the new manuals and nothing can be modified, giving bad gameplay. table

Quote Originally Posted by Draykor View Post
    I understand Vampire has always been the flagship of WoD, however, I cannot be alone in loving Werewolf over Vampire.

I've noticed that I have been having to house rule a lot of issues with the WW ruleset, like how a single d10 to change forms makes it almost impossible to actually change forms it seems... I had a player fail three times in a row trying to go from Homid to Glabro losing rage the entire time until finally, they lost the wolf and could not longer do anything at all for an entire day since that whole ordeal happened around brunch. Don't get me started on how hard it is for a werewolf to actually change into a werewolf.

I was hoping to start this thread as a way for those of us like me who are lovers of WoD's werewolf but are are having a hard time reconciling with this ruleset to share some of the house rules we have come up with.

Couple things first though:

1 - If you love this ruleset then fantastic, you are the people that will keep Renegade putting out more sourcebooks so we can delve into the new lore. I love you, rock on with your bad selves.

2 - If you are of the mind to tell me to crawl back into my hole and only play second edition then cool, please point me to the FG ruleset for Werewolf 2e that I can install into FGU. I cannot seem to find it.

Anyway, here is the first house rule that I have felt the need to add:

Shape-Changing

"The rage rolls required to change shape remain the same
    Players changing into a shape that requires a rage roll will roll as many dice that equal their rage. If any die is a success (Glabro/Hispo) or two die are successes (Crinos) then the werewolf change is successful. If there are not enough successes required (1 for G/H, 2 for C) then the change fails and rage is lost.
    Max 1 rage lost no matter how many failures are rolled"

edit: all the grammar
    edit 2: clarified my snark to refer to 2nd edition
    There is no ruleset available for 2e Werewolf. This is the only one and it's for 5th edition of Vampire, Werewolf, and Hunter which is a pretty big change to the older editions.

Yes, that is the point. Many people like to throw out the phrase "well if you don't like it go play a different edition", I was making a snarky comment to head off those comments and instead focus on sharing ideas on ways to "fix" the glaring flaws in 5e

Ya, know.. just looking to share some house rules with others who are maybe also making house rules since renegade seems to not understand what a Werewolf is.

Sorry everybody if my joke ran awry

Quote Originally Posted by Draykor View Post
    Yes, that is the point. Many people like to throw out the phrase "well if you don't like it go play a different edition", I was making a snarky comment to head off those comments and instead focus on sharing ideas on ways to "fix" the glaring flaws in 5e

Ya, know.. just looking to share some house rules with others who are maybe also making house rules since renegade seems to not understand what a Werewolf is.

Sorry everybody if my joke ran awry
    They can't "fix the flaws" here, they can only do the ruleset as the publisher wants. Fantasy Grounds itself has nothing to do with the rules here. It can be used to play older editions, just have to ignore any automations that don't work and housekeep everything else. It can be done. There is also a Chronicles of Darkness ruleset on the Forge that has less automations that could be used as well. It's set up for the mortals version but is workable for the other lines. There again though alot of stuff would have to be kept up manually.

Thread Information