5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

World of Darkness Ruleset

Hi everyone,

New to fantasy grounds and haven't been able to find a ruleset for WoD2.0 so I am working on a World of Darkness ruleset that I hope to expand into sets for all the WW WOD2.0 games.

Kinda new at this so it is taking a little while with the learning curve. I am a web developer by trade so I am pretty good with XML but LUA isn't something I have worked with before.

Anyway here are a few screens of what I have got so far. Mostly replacing graphics and starting on the character sheets. I am also working with some scripts I found on the site to try and work out how to do the auto calculation of successes and the exploding die thing but it is slow going.

Very cool, can't wait to see how this shapes up. Will your rolls track against a difficulty number and then give a success count at the end? I always found this to be one of the more time consuming things about WOD.

Well currently I am using some code that I found on the boards that totals successes based on the standard WoD2.0 target number of 8. It isn't like the Old WoD where the target number is variable so it is pretty simple.

The only thing I am having trouble with is the exploding 10s. I am trying to find a way to get it to roll extra dice for each 10 that comes up in the initial roll.

Right now I have it set up that you can double click on the stat or skill and it throws your dice pool for that and auto totals the successes. Screenshot below for that one.

jthm0138
    Post removed by user
    Last edited by jthm0138; March 13th, 2008 at 23:58.

Well I have picked up a few rulesets from the other members of this board so I am sure I can share it with anyone who is interested once I get it finished.

Thanks for the offer of help. If I run up against a wall on the graphical ideas I will remember the offer.

Just an idea...

Kudos to you, if you were thinking about making it more generic so that it could cover more of the D10 system you could allow the skills and powers area to have the names of the skills or powers typed in, rather than hardcoded to a specific skill set or focus (Blood pool, Mana pool, Rage pool etc).

This would allow your ruleset to be used for any flavour of the D10 system with little or no changes.

jthm0138
    Post removed by user
    Last edited by jthm0138; March 13th, 2008 at 23:58.

This is one of those rulesets I've not got around to due to lack of time. I'm glad someone is having a go at producing one. It's looking very good. I'd be interesting in your ruleset, or helping out with some of the code if I can and real-life permitting.

Joshuha put a script for exploding dice in this thread a while ago. This may be of use as he put this functionality in to the Savage Worlds ruleset and it works well.

One question, how are you handling the die pools and calculating successes? The rolls seem to be separate in the chat window.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Nice to see some interest in it.

In terms of using it for each system I have actually planned out the character sheet to have one tab that contains all the "creature" specific details so I can easily create the other systems once this one is done by some changes to that tab and a graphical change.

And for dice pools. Right now it is set up so you can double click any ability or skill to throw the dice for that. The auto total also works for pretty much any d10s hitting the table so you can have hot keys for regularly used pools. It is just with the new WoD2.0 you can use most skills with several different stats so it isn't feasible to tie each skill to one stat like it is with d20. So this should offer a nice blend of flexibility and ease of use.

A quick update too. Did some more work on it last night. A little rearranging and some progress. I have added a few more screens below. Almost done the character sheet. Just the gear sheet to finish and the roleplaying sheet (description, background, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    Joshuha put a script for exploding dice in this thread a while ago. This may be of use as he put this functionality in to the Savage Worlds ruleset and it works well.
    Thanks for pointing this thread out. Joshuha's code snippet helped me sort out the issues I was having with this. I have the exploding dice working now. I have added a screen shot below. And I also set it up so the successes/exploding mechanic only gets triggered if the dice being thrown are d10s.

Thread Information