DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Automating Ability modifiers through custom Feats

I was looking to have some custom feats that did something like adding a +1 to a character's CON.

However, I've not been able to get the Automation to work for me at all. I've gone through a bunch of variations, and I'm now wondering if it's even possible, as none of the existing feats have similar automation like that which I can use for a reference.

If it is possible, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pathfinder Second Edition doesn't really have bonuses to abilities. There's singular exceptions with Apex Items which are 17th level magic items that increase an ability bonus by +1 or to a maximum of +4. As such, we haven't coded any automation to specifically increase abilities.

You have two options:
    1. Use an effect - e.g. STR: 2 This won't modify the base statistic, so data based on that won't change (e.g. CON: 2 won't change HP) but all actions based on that ability will be modified.
    2. Modify the charsheet database using the database automation documented here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ental+Features

For the second option (which is probably your best option) you could use, for example, dbnumber:abilities.strength.tempmod:+2 would increase the underlying ability by +2 - so 16 becomes 18 in legacy and +3 becomes +4 in remaster. Or if you're using remaster rules, you could use dbnumber:abilities.strength.bonusmodifier:+1 which would show the modifier in the ability as a bubble:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We're using the Remaster rules. Much thanks on the response. It's extremely helpful.

On reading this post, the information looks great and useful. I just have a follow-up question: How do I find what fields are available with the database automation?

The documentation mentions hp.miscperlevel, and you pulled an entirely different path (abilities.strength.bonusmodifier), but I have some other fields I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by anthren View Post
    On reading this post, the information looks great and useful. I just have a follow-up question: How do I find what fields are available with the database automation?

The documentation mentions hp.miscperlevel, and you pulled an entirely different path (abilities.strength.bonusmodifier), but I have some other fields I'm looking for.
    Welcome to the FG forums.

Best way is to create a PC in a test campaign with test data in the fields you're interested in, then look at the data for that PC in the campaign db.xml - PCs are under the charsheet.id-XXXXX path.

For example, here's a sample structure (a lot of the fields are collapsed to ease viewing). I use Notepad++ for my FG XML work.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you Trenloe! That makes things way easier

Thread Information