5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    I don't really need the full 3D world (way too much prep time for my taste), but I would LOVE to be able to make a mini in HeroForge and pull it in as a 3D "token". Just having the classic miniatures-on-a-battlemat feel would make me a very happy camper.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Here is a new one showing some Transformers and GI Joe NPCs next to each other. Transformers should be launching soon. GI Joe is in production.

Hi,

this video looks awesome somewhat but I see a trap FGU is running into... 10 years in the past CC has invented a 3D tool to create features from maps - it seemed awesome but in the end all graphics and especially the textures where not done for extremely near views- they all looked "bad" - similar as in this video - and CC is a vector graphic software which scales automatically. For picture oriented software you need HD textures and the handling of that is best shown in Baldurs Gate 3 - or Dungeon&Dragons online - there you find even after years of development areas which will be not transparent to cameras, so that you can´t look into certain areas or the camera is blocked or the view is blocked. And in first person view DDO has bad looking textures because they are to near to the camera. So if the camera is using only isometric and always looking from a fixed distance above it would be much more easy to do.
    I would be very happy if all of these problems could be solved in FGU, but you need every map on each players PC to avoid lagging when HD textures are moved around... not sure how you would handle this - but I know if the textures are looking "bad" nobody in the end will use this feature often.

THANKS
    Micael

IMHO partnering with Hero Forge and Dungeon Alchemist could get to better and quicker 3D enanchements.

Quote Originally Posted by Saramund View Post
    IMHO partnering with Hero Forge and Dungeon Alchemist could get to better and quicker 3D enanchements.
    Another harassment is the long time you need to create a nice map in FGU - normally I import maps from other tools - Dungeon alchemist use KI to support quick strong functions - If you use a base map I needed 15 minutes for a modified 3D awesome stonehenge like battlemap.

Perhaps you can provide a "external" modus, where the DM can use another mapping software to create or modify map directly in FGU or (what would be the main point) use 3D camera/theatre views to show players the map.
    You would save a lot of development capacity doing that.

Thread Information