STAR TREK 2d20

Ruleset Request: Allow dropping links into NPC special ability windows

I would like to drop a link to other content such as a story of reference manual entry. There a number of NPC abilities that require the GM to look up additional rules such as suffocation. It would be nice to just drop a link to a story entry or RM entry that has the rules with out having to find the content in the middle of combat. I would be fine with an extension if someone had the time to create an EXT to allow link dropping. Here is a picture of the windows I am referring too. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I would like to drop a link to other content such as a story of reference manual entry. There a number of NPC abilities that require the GM to look up additional rules such as suffocation. It would be nice to just drop a link to a story entry or RM entry that has the rules with out having to find the content in the middle of combat.
    The NPC Special Abilities section is programmed to only accept drag/drop of NPC special abilities - which is standard for window lists and it's very complex to try to change that.

However, the "Other" tab allows dropping of links of all types and this is the standard place to put links to other records, especially the examples you mention.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The NPC Special Abilities section is programmed to only accept drag/drop of NPC special abilities - which is standard for window lists and it's very complex to try to change that.

However, the "Other" tab allows dropping of links of all types and this is the standard place to put links to other records, especially the examples you mention.
    Thanks for the reply Trenloe. I am aware of and use the "Other" tab but it takes extra game time to switching to the "other" tab to open a link on how to apply a special rule related to a special ability the NPC is using at the moment. If during game prep I could drop a link to the extra info it would save a lot of time during game time.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

To do exactly what you request (allow linking of all different types of FG records into the NPC special ability windowlist) is very complex and goes against the standard design for things like this.

Maybe what your request should be is to add the npc_specialability record type to the sidebar, which will allow you to create records that can be added to the special ability list in an NPC? Probably coupled with changing the NPC special ability field from text to formattedtext to support more options.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    To do exactly what you request (allow linking of all different types of FG records into the NPC special ability windowlist) is very complex and goes against the standard design for things like this.

Maybe what your request should be is to add the npc_specialability record type to the sidebar, which will allow you to create records that can be added to the special ability list in an NPC? Probably coupled with changing the NPC special ability field from text to formattedtext to support more options.
    Yes, that would be be a great solution!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information