DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Saving Things to a Personal Module

I do a fair bit of homebrew, and so far my homebrew for each campaign has just lived in that campaign. I would like to condense everything into a single module that I can use and update in multiple campaigns, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to a) get the homebrew from each campaign into the module and b) update the module going forward.

Is it possible to add things to an already-created module? For example, if I export my homebrew from one campaign into a module, it is possible to export the homebrew from a separate campaign into the same module "additively", as it were?

EDIT: Also, what does the "record views" menu in the export window do? It is not present in the Wiki's version of that window.
    Last edited by MaxAstro; December 19th, 2023 at 22:29.

When you export into a module the previous .mod file is essentially deleted and the new .mod created - assuming you use the same filename. This allows "module making" campaigns to properly maintain modules - allowing deletion, editing, adding of records without any constraint on previous data in the module.

To "merge" data from multiple campaigns requires exporting the data from each campaign into its own module, then loading those modules up in your "module making" campaign and copying the data from each module (drag/drop for records) to have the campaign containing all of the data you want in your end module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hm, I thought I might have to do that. Thanks.

Also I think you replied right as I was editing, so I'll re-ask here:

What does the "record views" menu in the export window do? It is not present in the Wiki's version of that window.

The record views show up in the library when you open the module. It shows things like NPCS in alpha order, CR rating order, or order by type. Equipment, weapons and armour can be shown as type etc. it pretty much lists things as shown in the export window. It is all optional.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information