DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sound links seem to not work from the refrence manual builder or edited refmanual

Sound links seem to not work from the reference manual builder or edited refmanual.

Dropping a link to a story page works work fine.
    When they are dropped into a reference manual they will not play.

CoreRPG with no extensions, fully updated.

Madman..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I don't have an answer for you right now, but I'm looking into it this week and will hopefully have an update for you soon.
    "If you love it, mod it."
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Sound links seem to not work from the reference manual builder or edited refmanual.

Dropping a link to a story page works work fine.
    When they are dropped into a reference manual they will not play.

CoreRPG with no extensions, fully updated.

Madman..
    Okay, there is nothing wrong on your end with the links. For some reason any link from the modules are being sent with underscores (_) instead of pipes (|) and it's reading it incorrectly. Give me a little bit to get this fixed and then all your links should just start working. I don't believe there will need to be any changes on your end.
    Last edited by Tarkonian; December 19th, 2023 at 17:12.
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Dragging and dropping the sounds from the module and into the chat should still be working though. So that is a temporary workaround you can use until I get the main links fixed.
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Okay, so I have good news and bad news.

Good News:
    You found a really good issue! This issue is from the client changing the sound formatting because it thinks it's related to XML when it isn't. This means it's client-side and the sounds are working as intended so there's nothing you have to do on your end to fix this.

Bad News:
    This will require us to update the API that handles the links to recognize these sound links and not reformat them on the client-side. Since this is not a simple fix though, we will look at adding it to the client update next month, after the holidays.

What you can do for now:
    For now, you can drag and drop a sound link from the module onto the chat, and it should play the sound via the drag'n'drop methods. I've tested this on my end and it works, so it should work for you too.

Thank you for bringing this up. This is something we will work at getting fixed first thing next year.
    Happy Holidays!
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Sweet! thanks.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

This should be addressed in the latest beta version in the Test channel. Planned for release next month.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information