Starfinder Playlist

Map Ping Feature?

{I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question on general dev for FGU, if not please tell me a better place}

Hello, I was trying to find an update to the "map ping" feature request I saw a couple years back. We would really like to have it for our campaign (and avoid having to draw and delete things all the time).

If the map ping doesn't exist yet, can I ask where that would have to be added? Can I do the work or does it require some gatekeeper on the core system? Also, is there a master features/bugs list for all of FGU? I have been trying to find one but cannot. I am also interested in specific rulesets (ex: RMC), but figure those are maintained elsewhere.

Thanks!

The public feature request list can be found in my signature. Map ping is on that list, but has not made the priority cut to date.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm certainly not going to invalidate your desire for a map ping feature. However, personally, I've not needed it since I found the quick shortcut for drawing and erasing arrows. Just hold the left & right mouse buttons down while you drag an arrow out. To quickly delete it, just click both buttons again without dragging. You can also quickly create/delete the different shapes using the same technique but also holding shift, ctrl, or alt.

Prior to having this bit of knowledge, yeah, navigating the radial menus just to draw an arrow was a pain.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Absolutely, never needed a ping because of this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    I'm certainly not going to invalidate your desire for a map ping feature. However, personally, I've not needed it since I found the quick shortcut for drawing and erasing arrows. Just hold the left & right mouse buttons down while you drag an arrow out. To quickly delete it, just click both buttons again without dragging. You can also quickly create/delete the different shapes using the same technique but also holding shift, ctrl, or alt.

Prior to having this bit of knowledge, yeah, navigating the radial menus just to draw an arrow was a pain.
    This was very well worded and diplomatic. Well done. Sometimes I have made the error of sounding like a real jerk in trying to help others. Well done! I applaud you for how you articulated your response here...
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information