DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I have a number of custom NPCs with abilities like: "When first bloodied, the cambion can use its Fiendish Charm ability as a reaction."

Would it be helpful to implementation to phrase the ability differently with the "bloodied value"?
    Hello, thanks for posting, I'm glad to hear that you like my extension!

I think it can be done, you are not the only one who uses that, I believe "Level Up Advanced 5e Monster Menagerie" also uses this keyword. Or maybe some other keyword with the same meaning, I don't remember at the moment. The thing that's unlikely to get implemented is the "_first_ bloodied" because that would require to keep track which creature have already been bloodied before and that's too much complexity for the value added.

"Bloodied" condition itself is rather easy to detect, and you don't need to change your wording for it, since extension has the data of the full health of every NPC.

I'll consider your request, I'll also check again "Monster Menagerie" and "Flee, Mortals!" because potentially monsters from these sources can also benefit from such a feature.

Cheers!

Thanks for taking a look.

I completely agree with not caring about "first".

I just had an idea... maybe even just the following would suffice: a (toggleable on/off in options (or on/off/friendly/ally/enemy/faction)) where whenever any actor in the CT became bloodied, the chat would get a message: "So-And-So is now bloodied!"

Quote Originally Posted by rocketvaultgames View Post
    Thanks for taking a look.

I completely agree with not caring about "first".

I just had an idea... maybe even just the following would suffice: a (toggleable on/off in options (or on/off/friendly/ally/enemy/faction)) where whenever any actor in the CT became bloodied, the chat would get a message: "So-And-So is now bloodied!"

I believe the Trigger Me Timbers extension will do what you are wanting but I'm not sure as I've not actually used it.

I don't think so, but I could very well be missing something...

It looks like the available event triggers are:

After Attack Roll
    After Saving Throw
    Before Damage Taken
    Dice Rolled
    New Combat Round
    Power Used
    Turn End
    Turn Start

By the way, are all of your NPC abilities phrased like "When first bloodied, the cambion can use its Fiendish Charm ability as a reaction." or is there some more variation in conditions?

That is the standard I've been using, but I'm not opposed to changing if it helps you make this possible.

There are others that are "While bloodied, yada yada", but those wouldn't need a triggered reminder.

Good, then probably I will detect words like "When first bloodied ... reaction" and then as for the others I wll show the full text by the link. Maybe I will be able to extract the name of ability that is between "its" and "ability" and display a link to that. But again I will also check some other sources that use bloodied keyword and try to make something universally applicable if possible.

Sounds good. In my opinion that fact that I see a reminder is much more important than being reminded of what the actual ability is.

Thanks much!!

Hey!

I've implemented what you was asking for. Try updating to version 1.1.3

The supported wordings are:
    "when the monster_name is first bloodied" or "when first bloodied, the monster_name". (monster_name is not necessary)
    "when reduced to half (of its) hit points"

I don't track "FIRST bloodied" so if the monster gets healed above half health and then drops again, you will see the notification again. But I think it's not a big deal.

Cheers!

I just did a little testing and this seems PERFECT. Thanks much!!

Thread Information