DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Damage Reroll Feats for 5E

In Fantasy Grounds Unity, rerolling damage using the feats Savage Attacker and Piercer cannot be done with just effects. The user must roll the damage and reroll what is needed, then the host must move the correct damage to the corresponding target.

This extension automates the use of these feats.

When damage is rolled, this extension will check if the Combatant has the Savage Attacker and/or Piercer feat. It will then check if the attack is from a melee weapon for Savage Attacker and if the attack does piercing damage for Piercer.

As the feats can only be used once per turn, it will also check if the combatant has used the feat this turn. Because of this, the combat tracker needs to be used as intended as the feat use will reset when the Next Actor button is pressed.

The damage will be rolled, then a window will pop up asking if the user wants to use the corresponding feat.

If the user presses the Checkmark for Savage Attacker, then the damage from the weapon (not including extra damage from other effects, etc. per the feat) will be rerolled and the highest damage will be applied to the target(s).

If the user presses the Checkmark for Piercer, then the die corresponding to the damage dice that will benefit the most from a reroll will be rerolled and the correct damage will be applied to the target(s).

Damage reroll in weapon properties will be applied every time it is supposed to be applied

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1455/view
    Last edited by lprchaun; November 10th, 2023 at 05:24.

You may want to add a link to your extension
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am getting there thanks. lol.
    Have to get it on Forge and post the link to this post on it. then post the link to forge in this post.
    Just getting it all together.

I purchased this and don't see it in the extensions listing. What's the name, or is there another way to enable the extension?

Quote Originally Posted by ProPreBefore View Post
    I purchased this and don't see it in the extensions listing. What's the name, or is there another way to enable the extension?
    Did you update FGU after you made the purchase?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Moved this thread to the Paid Creations sub-forum - any creation that has a purchase cost should be posted in this sub-forum, as per these rules: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ing-Read-First!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by ProPreBefore View Post
    Damage Reroll Feats
    I put that it is in Test phase on Forge. Does anyone know if that changes how it applies to purchasers?

Changed from test phase
    Last edited by lprchaun; November 11th, 2023 at 15:14. Reason: Updated

Quote Originally Posted by lprchaun View Post
    I put that it is in Test phase on Forge. Does anyone know if that changes how it applies to purchasers?
    It means it's only available to someone who's running there FG install in the test channel - only recommended if they're specifically taking part in any ongoing beta testing.

Best to put your forge product in live - it's expected you've tested it before making it available in the Forge.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

[Edit] It now shows in Extensions when loading a campaign. I should have actually logged into FGU this morning before typing what was only valid for last night. I hate the taste of my foot.
    Last edited by Tooting Dog; November 11th, 2023 at 19:16.

Thread Information