FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Is this still in development or in Test or what?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Both of the screenshots are from live - see the "Peek" field in the top right of the screenshot in post #4. This thread could be confusing, because it's not one of Doug's sneaky, sneak peeks!
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 26th, 2023 at 17:28.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    It is in the Live version. You can find the setting in the Line of Sight panel (see attached).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I would say that the majority of time that I've put LoS on a map, I already am taking the 10% setting into account. But that's just me.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The default for the setting is 0, since maps are generated by a lot of different people with different map styles and different LoS implementation styles.

This setting allows the map maker the ability to set the default setting for a given map/LoS style; and the map user the ability to adjust the peek to map their needs.

Regards,
    JPG

I see I can use a negative value - in case I don't like what the LoS dev has added to a map and want to reveal less than they intended. This appears to work. However, the Peek setting shows as a positive value - e.g. I enter -0.2 and this results in less being shown than the original LoS (good, that's what I intended) but the Peek field shows 0.2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I see I can use a negative value - in case I don't like what the LoS dev has added to a map and want to reveal less than they intended. This appears to work. However, the Peek setting shows as a positive value - e.g. I enter -0.2 and this results in less being shown than the original LoS (good, that's what I intended) but the Peek field shows 0.2.
    Thanks for the report. This should be fixed in the next release to enable display of negative values.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    This should be fixed in the next release to enable display of negative values.
    Thank you!

I’ll have to try it in game, but it looks great. Often my players have difficulty seeing doors because of the way LOS is drawn and this looks (ha, ha) like it will help a lot.

This is really cool; it was previously only available to the DM I believe and only as a command line. I think the point above about it being completely adjustable (both positive and negative) means that the DM can set the LoS to whatever they want regardless of the way the occluders have been drawn. Early modules had the occluders tight up against the walls so this will allow the walls to be seen - something a lot of people asked for. Additionally since the occluders are now being drawn (at least the way I'm doing it anyway) the occluders are further back allowing the walls to show. If the DM doesn't like that they can make the token see a bit less. All round a significant addition.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information