STAR TREK 2d20

Confused by “Beware the Yule Cat (2E)”

I own this physical module in C&C and OSE. But I know there was no AD&D 2E version created by Frog God Games.

So, I am surprised it is shown as 2E on the module page. I’m m not COMPLAINING, I’d be happy to see FGG games run under 2E. Was just wondering why/how? I’ve never seen a Third Party Product like that converted to 2E then to FG like that

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    I own this physical module in C&C and OSE. But I know there was no AD&D 2E version created by Frog God Games.

So, I am surprised it is shown as 2E on the module page. I’m m not COMPLAINING, I’d be happy to see FGG games run under 2E. Was just wondering why/how? I’ve never seen a Third Party Product like that converted to 2E then to FG like that
    I used the OSE version of it and just used the THAC) information. the system is close enough to 2E as to make no practical difference. the story is the same and the fight can be played out using 2E rules. It was an internal decision by fantasy grounds not to make a specific implementation of the OSE system as it is so closely related to 2E. With that in mind, you might see other modules from Frog God Games pop up in 2E if they were originally under OSE rule. For wizard and sorcery rules, it is expected at some time that some specific ruleset will be implemented for those.

Shadowcat

Cool beans. I have never played with OSE. I have run FGG modules as is using 1E so I get it. I was just confused (not knowing anything about internal deliberations or even standards - just what I thought I’d understood) because I thought SW didn’t allow conversions of material to another system. But I’m happy to see it, myself. I own many S&W products from FGG (most all , I’d say) but even though I play S&W with the Frogs, if I run something, I look to the system I grew up on 1E (and 2E). I’m actually trying to find time to try a couple of their adventures using ADD (Adventures Dark and Deep) but in person cos not gonna work on a ruleset just to test the idea.

The DM for this next campaign started a game of Hyperborea during our annual campaign n-person “con” in Washington this year. To be followed up with biweekly Zoom games (the original DM was “old-school” to Luddite levels lol) I like what I’ve read (players book sans spell sections) - if I love it, I may try the mechanics of it sans world for a Lost Lands campaign.

My Wed DM has a Monday game on FG using a ruleset for Hyperborea but alas Jeff appears to have no interest in making H3 avail for VTT. I hope to guest play one of them when it doesn’t conflict with my Mon game. Damn I need to retire comfortably to play more and watch more streaming.

Ah… but for the “comfortably” part I would in a heartbeat lol.

Hi,

for this case, because it had the OSE ruleset, the "conversion" was really simple, essentially just adjusting the xp level. and for S & W, well, the ruleset will be done (eventually by me), but i need to find time to do it and I have a lot of other conversion to do unfortunately before that happens. will definitely convert for fantasy grounds more "old-school" product under the banner of 2e (which is the umbrella for 1E, 2E and OSE). Enjoy your gaming time my friend!

Shadowcat

Glad to find out that it’s cool with Smiteworks to publish Froggy stuff for OSE as 2E. I expect this means they are cool with doing it for the old S&W stuff as well?

Nice.

Thread Information