STAR TREK 2d20

Phandelver and Below - LOS maps are GM version?

So I got the FG PaB content.
    [S]I am going through the module and checking maps etc... Map 2.1 uses the GM map. There is no Player version. So Traps, Secret doors and the like are all marked on the map. I don't mind using a map that has numbers in the rooms, though I try not to. Whoever created the content must have seen the big 'S' on the walls when drawing LOS.
    Other content I have purchased has story links and has both GM and player versions of maps. This one I need to pull from the Modules section, and (as mentioned) uses the GM version of hideouts and such.

Not sure if that will be updated or not. If I have to recreate every map, I am left wondering what I spent my money on.

/endrant[/S]

EDIT:
    The maps all have a DM layer, which I had not encountered before. I love my FGU and purchases once more. I will also be adding DM layers to my own maps in other campaigns.
    Last edited by Sharedrpg242; September 29th, 2023 at 16:51.

I believe that the GM markings (room numbers, secret doors, etc.) are part of a separate layer on that map that is only visible to GMs by default. Unlock the image and you can see the layers on in the layer list; and even toggle visibility of the GM layer completely. There's one toggle for show/hide; and another for share/noshare.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I believe that the GM markings (room numbers, secret doors, etc.) are part of a separate layer on that map that is only visible to GMs by default. Unlock the image and you can see the layers on in the layer list; and even toggle visibility of the GM layer completely. There's one toggle for show/hide; and another for share/noshare.

Regards,
    JPG
    Apparently I am a dummy.
    I have not encountered maps setup like that before.
    TY for the info. I will go hang my head in shame now.

No worries. With all the new features we've been working on, we're slowly trying to migrate the latest books to use these nice, new features. It's a change from before, so understandable that there might be questions.

Happy gaming,
    JPG

Do note to read the reference page 'Using this module in Fantasy Grounds' in the Welcome to Phandalin section. It contains useful information including an explanation of how the maps work. Furthermore there are several maps with multiple layers which will need to be switched off and on as the players progress through them. Full details of how to operate these maps is given in a note where you first see the map. See, for example, the section in 'The Forgotten Realms' page.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information