FG Spreadshirt Swag

How fast is "fast"?

I have a monk in my game that throw shurikens. Throwing a weapon takes between 30-60% so assuming the monk makes a successful Quickdraw skill check, can she make two throwing attacks with a -10 penalty in a round? I know the rules say one melee attack per turn but I don't see anything preventing multiple throwing attacks. At high levels I'm worried about three throwing attacks at a -30 penalty per turn. It's certainly not the end of the world either way but I'm curious how others would handle that. Thoughts?

Yup.

Throwing ranges means one is fairly close to melee action. Fraidy cat Monks are the best to swarm!

No movement is the trade-off for doing this, so close in on the pants-pissing Monk facing the last person they attacked, and make sure the foes move to the Flank/Rear before attacking.

This gets rid of pesky Adrenal Defence DB per the rules, too.

+++

Quickdraw allows readying 2 weapons at Very Hard(-20), unless they’re both 1HS/1HE at Hard(-10).
    So remember that if the Monk starts combat without anything in their hands at all, they’re more prone to not making it.

Otherwise, Partial Success means normal negative mods for drawing a weapon, while a Failure actually drops the weapon. Then picking stuff off the ground is even more expensive…

That said, don’t forget when a player cracks open P’s Box, the GM gets to reciprocate in kind! Show ‘em what a true throwing legend looks like after a few sessions of him/her/them giving it a try and smile at the pending groans and evil eyes thrown the Monk Player’s way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold11 View Post
    I have a monk in my game that throw shurikens. Throwing a weapon takes between 30-60% so assuming the monk makes a successful Quickdraw skill check, can she make two throwing attacks with a -10 penalty in a round? I know the rules say one melee attack per turn but I don't see anything preventing multiple throwing attacks. At high levels I'm worried about three throwing attacks at a -30 penalty per turn. It's certainly not the end of the world either way but I'm curious how others would handle that. Thoughts?

Last night a new player joined our group and he somehow started with a light crossbow that only needs 10% activity to load. I might have to stab him for it!

Fire attacks. Now. ;D

How did that even get created?
    If random roll, kudos!

Thread Information