DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Converting Hero Lab Characters to FGU

So I saw a posting of a person asking about converting Hero Lab characters into FGU and it was from far back as 2020. Since that was 3 years ago, does converting a Hero Lab character exist for FGU? If so where do I go to find it?

No the converter only worked in FGC and even then it stopped working before FGC was retired.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for the information. It is sad that it was only for FGC and sadder it stopped working before FGC was retired. It be nice if they would bring it back. There are people like me who play Pathfinder 1e and it would make it easier for us to import characters and NPC's we have already created outside of FGU into FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by FubarFoxFire777 View Post
    There are people like me who play Pathfinder 1e and it would make it easier for us to import ... NPC's we have already created outside of FGU into FGU.
    This should still work for NPC statblocks (although I haven't looked at it in a long time): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ture-Parser-V2
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@FubarFoxFire777 -- i still use the characterconverter.exe from my fg classic install -- appdata > roaming > fantasy grounds > utilities

if you don't have this set up, i'm not sure if you can still download the app somewhere in the forum

it works fine to convert .hlfg* files to .xml, then import the .xml directly into fgu. you have to do a few manual edits to the stat sheet, but 85% of what you'd need is there.

* .hlfg, if you didn't know, is a format exported from hero lab

hope this info help some ways. good luck
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

It is kinda interesting, the converter still works fine as long as you export to .xml and then import into FG. Granted, you have to tweek the output from Hero Lab a little bit, add in the updated spell and feat modules to the programs library, but it still converts.

Granted, you can do the same thing without Hero Lab with all the drag and drop mods out there right now in probably less time, but if you like to tinker (I know I do) the converter speeds up the process a little.

And Trenloe's importer still works great for NPCs too, it just gets a little fussy with the input.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information