GI JOE RPG Launch

Looking for a game

I just recently got into the virtual tabletop gaming thing, but I've been playing D&D for years now. I'm trying for find a game on here, but haven't really had any luck. Whats with everything being Savage Worlds, what exactly is that? Is it similar to D&D 3.5, because I know that ruleset like the back of my hand. I'm available from about 6pm to Midnight, Central time, later than that on Saturday nights. Actually, a Saturday night game would be perfect. Any groups out there looking for another player? PM or reply to this, help me find a game please!!

jthm0138
    Post removed by user
    Last edited by jthm0138; March 14th, 2008 at 00:09.

Savage Worlds is a game from Pinnacle Entertainment:

https://www.peginc.com

It has quite a bit of recent popularity but there are probably many more d20 games out there on fantasy grounds. SW has a mechanic where with greater ability you roll a larger die for your damage. It is quite a bit lighter rules wise than D20 but less detailed as well.

There is a ground swell for it among some ruleset writers and a good ruleset available from Digital adventures. You don't need the ruleset as a player. Its not something you wouldn't learn easily coming from D20.

On the other hand there are a fair number of games out there in D20. Sadly, the website calendar is less than fully functional for finding a game here. Your best bet is to do as you've done. Share your availability and speak up until you find someone with an open game.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

rpg

Savage worlds is a great system. It is simple but also versatile. I have a scifi game going on. It is called project eden. Here is the link.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=7883

Also in the near future I am starting a Lord of the rings campaign. Here is the link.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=7902

If your interested let me know.

How long does your game run, jthm0138 ? It starts around 7pm my time, but how long do you run? Are you using point-buy, or rolling up characters? Do I need to roll up in front of you? These things seem kinda important, and you didn't really give me alot of information there :P I'm just sayin...

Thanks for the tip, Sigurd, I'll keep looking around till I find something that piques my interest. I think for right now I'll stick with D20, since thats what I know. Being new to FG, its probably not a good idea to try to learn 2 new things at the same time.

I'm interested in the LoTR campaign, but sci-fi RPG's aren't really my thing, thanks anyway kyxmma.

Here's another question : I've noticed alot of the posts for games say that voice comms is required, any suggestions for a comfortable headset? I guess I could just watch G4, but I'll post up on here as well.
    Last edited by KnuckleHead_7; February 11th, 2008 at 06:42.

jthm0138
    Post removed by user
    Last edited by jthm0138; March 14th, 2008 at 00:10.

Thread Information