DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Okay, I can see now where that can be done. I'll get at it tomorrow and make sure everything looks good, if I run into any problems I'll let ya know. Appreciate all you do.

Appreciate that. I had gone through and fixed all the bonuses that were erased, but I had a player come back and it reverted to nothing like in the pics I shared. I'll give it another go tomorrow when I have less bourbon in my system and give it a good run through.

I do need to change the skill dev window so it is more consistent but please let me know if you see something that isn't working.

Oh, I'll be the first to let ya know if one of my players doesn't beat me to it.

After some poking around with one of my players today we settled on a fix for us. We turned level bonuses off and manually enter them under the Misc line on the sheet. We have some homebrew rules that rearranged some idiotic level bonuses. For instance, why would a Mentalist get a +1 per lvl Directed Spells Bonus when their is literally one closed mentalism list that has a directed spell on it and you wouldn't even get it until level 6? And as masters of the mind almost all of their spells are base spell attacks, yet they only get +1? So some classes we rearranged level bonuses to give a better feel for what that class would be more proficient with.

I say all that to say this, is it possible to make a "custom" level bonus option where numbers aren't coded in per class from the options menu. That whatever values are entered into the level bonus line would automatically configure to the characters level?

You can change the level bonuses for professions and change the group that a skill is in so it is fairly customizable. I think you can do what you want and still use the automation but if you can't get it to work then just change it to None.

For professions, all you have to do is unlock the profession and go to the L. Bonus tab and change the level bonuses to what you want to use for your campaign. It has all the groupings and groups on that tab so you can adjust it how you want.

For skills, just unlock the skill and change the group that the skill is in for each grouping.

I did receive a PM from one of your players so I provided some information that hopefully will help you get this working how you want. Please let me know if it doesn't and maybe we can get together on discord so I can see what you are trying to accomplish and maybe show you some ideas on how it might be done.

Ah! Got it. I'll give that a shot. I would do it on just the sheets, but logging out and loggin back in would revert it. I'll give that a try.

Yeah, that player and I have been friends for 35+ years, dude is an awesome programmer and would love to help in any way he can.

Thanks for the quick reply.

"You can change the level bonuses for professions and change the group that a skill is in so it is fairly customizable. I think you can do what you want and still use the automation but if you can't get it to work then just change it to None.

For professions, all you have to do is unlock the profession and go to the L. Bonus tab and change the level bonuses to what you want to use for your campaign. It has all the groupings and groups on that tab so you can adjust it how you want."

I see this now. When I change this on my instance, it will stay that way through updates and such?

Also, quick note, you have "Spells" for the skill Spell list acquisition, set to base spell casting level bonus as a default. It shouldn't have any bonus associated with it.

Thread Information