DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Can you show me a screenshot of what you are referring to since I am not sure what you are referring to as far as what not to remove?

If you have existing skills, you should be able to open them and it should use the old fields to update them to the new fields. You just need to go into the XML file for the module and remove the static="true" from the node where your skills are. It is how I updated the skills in Character Law and RM Companion 1.

Okay. So, I can go into the skill development screen and add level bonuses to a character based on the skill grouping (pic1). They show up when I open their regular sheets (pic2). When they log in, it reverts to nothing in that field, and an arbitrary level bonus for a skill or two, in this instance spells, which shouldn't receive any bonus in the first place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

These bonuses used to stay as they were entered prior to this update.

An additional difference we noticed tonight. I like to post the results of a critical roll to the general chat. Tonight they all became GM only. I went into settings, and they were shown as all, however they were hidden. When I changed the settings to GM only, everyone could see them. So it looks like something got switched there.

Settings: Combat: Table Result: Effect Visibility: -ally and - non ally. GM only shows them to all, setting it to all makes it GM only

That helps. If you want to manually handle level bonuses then just change the ChL #23: Level Bonus Grouping option to None.

I understand these are considered custom groupings, however they used to hold the value I assigned. Now it appears to want to change the bonuses to only a predetermined grouping and doesn't allow for any customization. That kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungsarme View Post
    An additional difference we noticed tonight. I like to post the results of a critical roll to the general chat. Tonight they all became GM only. I went into settings, and they were shown as all, however they were hidden. When I changed the settings to GM only, everyone could see them. So it looks like something got switched there.

Settings: Combat: Table Result: Effect Visibility: -ally and - non ally. GM only shows them to all, setting it to all makes it GM only
    I will look into that.

I understand these are considered custom groupings, however they used to hold the value I assigned. Now it appears to want to change the bonuses to only a predetermined grouping and doesn't allow for any customization. That kinda sucks.
    They are mostly customizable. You can choose from 4 different groupings (Core, RM2, RMFRP or RM Companion 2) or chose not to use groupings by setting it to None which sets it to manual. You can also choose 3 different types for bonuses (Core, Stepped or Static). Then you can go into each skill and set which group the skill is in for each grouping type. So if you want to change a skill to a different group then you can do that. Then on the profession you can change the level bonus for each group within the grouping types.

Ah! I see that now. There are 2 options on that. One allows me to set it to none,the second requires a rule choice. Havent messed with it as my players are all offline now...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah! I see that now. There are 2 options on that. One allows me to set it to none,the second requires a rule choice. Havent messed with it as my players are all offline now...
    Yeah it should handle any of the options that are in Character Law plus I added one for the RM Companion 2 groupings in case a GM wants to use that and has the skills already setup.

Oh and you can test it without your players connected. Try the different options and see what it does to the level bonuses so you can pick the option you want to use.
    Last edited by Dakadin; September 5th, 2023 at 05:26. Reason: Added tesitng info

Thread Information