FG Spreadshirt Swag

Bestiary encounter tables

So after 38 years of gaming I'm only now starting to look at some of the big name high fantasy games. I know, rather late to the party and I thought I'd give PF1E a look. I'm using the Core Rules book, the first Bestiary and the Strategy Guide. No extensions loaded other than Pathfinder theme.

Forgive the rather noob question but the Bestiary provided Encounter Tables seem to by default go to Chat and are shown to players. So I find myself having to copy the table, unlock the duplicate, change the visibility to hidden and the type to encounter in order to actually generate a random encounter. Am I misusing the tables or is there some other (unknown to me) automation that I need to be aware of that I should be using? I've searched through the forum for 'random encounter' and haven't found this mentioned before.

The PF1 Bestiary was created before the additional options available in tables were available. I remember it took a lot of work just to recreate the tables as they are in the functionality available back then. I'll review the bestiary and see how easy it would be to update and still provide backwards compatibility.

In the meantime, I'm assuming you have the campaign option "Chat: Show GM rolls" set to "On"? If so, set the option "Table: Dice Tower" to "On" and when you're rolling on the encounter table, drag/drop the roll button to the dice tower, which will hide the roll from the players. Then open up the link from chat and click the "Generate" button. I know it's a few extra steps, but it's a good way of hiding stuff like this from the players.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 23rd, 2023 at 13:54.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe just wondered if there was some trick I didn’t know about in this ruleset.

There are a bunch of extensions for PF1e that make things so much easier. My signature has various links to the 100+ I have tried (my sheets doc needs to be cleaned up but all the links are there)

I find PF1e to be a great established and very playable ruleset. enjoy
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

I looked at you spreadsheet and wow that is a lot of stuff to explore. I don't use more than about 5 for Call of Cthulhu

Thread Information