DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm not sure what this would achieve as these are all separate products. Can you provide more details please?
    I meant: as there are a lot of overlaps, that someone could potentially use the tokens and other art from the Bestiaries for the ORC Monster Core module to cover more ground than only using the "FG Fantasy Monsters FM1" assets

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    I meant: as there are a lot of overlaps, that someone could potentially use the tokens and other art from the Bestiaries for the ORC Monster Core module to cover more ground than only using the "FG Fantasy Monsters FM1" assets
    Users can do that themselves based on the assets they have available. But they can only change editable entries. So, yes, it's not super easy to do a lot of changes, but straightforward if a GM wants to change a few tokens/camera view images.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Please forgive me if I missed this mentioned already in this message thread, but my group is moving into the PF2E Remastered and after using the /Remaster command and it did say it completed, but I see no Remastered Player Core in the modules, only the original PF2e Core Book. I tried creating a new test campaign and noticed the same. Did we all misunderstand that by going to Remaster we still need to purchase the Remastered Player Core book? My interpretation was that it was a free upgrade, but if mistaken, please let me know so I can budget the money for the book!

ChipDancer

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    Please forgive me if I missed this mentioned already in this message thread, but my group is moving into the PF2E Remastered and after using the /Remaster command and it did say it completed, but I see no Remastered Player Core in the modules, only the original PF2e Core Book. I tried creating a new test campaign and noticed the same. Did we all misunderstand that by going to Remaster we still need to purchase the Remastered Player Core book? My interpretation was that it was a free upgrade, but if mistaken, please let me know so I can budget the money for the book!

ChipDancer
    Starting a campaign using, or converting a campaign to use, the remaster rules will setup the underlying ruleset to use the remaster changes. It won't convert any of the modules you own - those are still valid if you want to continue to use them.

You can purchase the Player Core remastered DLC or use the base data ORC license releases. Refer to this video for an overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHdhzzz5DlA
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Let's take a step back from the fact that you won't be getting a free upgrade to the new 464 and 336 page products...

You'll be getting a free upgrade to the FG remaster ruleset.
    You'll be getting a free set of all of the FG remaster data records - classes, feats, items, spells, lookup data, etc. that you need to run the game in Fantasy Grounds.
    You'll be able to run *everything* you already have in Fantasy Grounds, using the remaster rules, and you'll get all of the new Core rule books data you need to run remaster in FG for free.
    You'll still be able to use the graphics and portraits/tokens from the products you already have.

Personally I think this is a great solution to the FG remaster migration - so much so that I don't think many people are going to buy the new remaster rulebooks in FG (even if they're new to PF2) as they'll have what they need to play available to them. This is a double-edged sword, as it means that the FG work-for-hire devs, who will spend hundreds of hours doing the remaster data and migration code, are going to get hardly any recompense for all of their hard work; but that's the hit we'll take if it means that we're offering a good solution to the users, while keeping within the current license agreements.
    Lord Trenloe and others, thank you for all your hard work!

The explanation and link to the video was perfect and dead on. I have all the core books for PF2E, including most of the Lost Omens source books, for FG, so right now my group has around $1100 invested in FG and we are HERE for the long haul! We'll get the two books we're missing for FG, Player Core and Beast Core, and continue to purchase quality content for FG as long as you guys can keep improving the experience!

ChipDancer

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    Lord Trenloe and others, thank you for all your hard work!

The explanation and link to the video was perfect and dead on. I have all the core books for PF2E, including most of the Lost Omens source books, for FG, so right now my group has around $1100 invested in FG and we are HERE for the long haul! We'll get the two books we're missing for FG, Player Core and Beast Core, and continue to purchase quality content for FG as long as you guys can keep improving the experience!

ChipDancer
    Thanks for your support! We're hoping to keep improving the PF2 experience in Fantasy Grounds over the coming years!

Thread Information